Guinness Nigeria Plc recruitment & employment portal 2022 is now open for interested candidates with OND. This Guinness Nigeria Plc job vacancy is open to all qualified candidates.
Guinness Nigeria Plc is a member of Diageo Group the world’s leading premium Drinks producing Company and operates in 180 countries. Guinness Nigeria is the only Total Beverage Alcohol Company in Nigeria with a wide portfolio of brands catering to non-alcohol and alcohol drinkers, with non-alcoholic beverages, Spirits, Lager & Beers. The size and scale of our operations require that we collaborate with entrepreneurs who act as our business partners in various territories. Join Guinness Nigeria Plc careers team today, and be part of our success story.
Job Title: Mechanical Technician
Job ID: JR1066913
Location: Benin, Edo
Job type: Full Time
Worker Type: Regular
About the Role
- The Mechanical Technicians is responsible for operating, cleaning and maintaining their plant and equipment to meet the increasing volume and quality demands in a reliable and cost efficient manner.
- They are also responsible for participating in all PPMS/EISC improvement initiatives in their department and for their own training and development. They will report directly to the Site Electrical Services Manager.
Also Apply for: United Bank for Africa Plc Employment (20 Positions)
- To maintain (inspect and adjust) and repair line equipment proactively as per maintenance targets in order to continually improve line efficiency, to optimize equipment availability and to minimize losses and risk.
- To apply technical, process, continuous improvement and individual/team development skills to optimise overall brewery improvement and plant performance.
- Provide a comprehensive production service on plant and equipment to which they are primarily allocated: operating and cleaning, carrying out maintenance schedules, responding to breakdowns, assessing & monitoring plant performance on an ongoing basis and attending to all other process duties in a timely manner
- Focus on Planned and Corrective maintenance. Deliver the best possible plant operation by maximising plant availability and efficiency of operation through execution of Planned Preventative Maintenance schedules.
- Lead spares required by their plant and equipment – includes draw down stock from locally provided “bins” and be accountable for whatever stock is drawn down.
- Optimise product quality, through continuous observation and attention to detail, delivering RFT on quality and control parameters. Respond to non-conformances in a timely manner to keep process on track. Apply, record & share learning’s to prevent re-occurrence
- Share and apply new skills as acquired, participate in departmental Continuous Improvement initiatives and PPMS/EISC to meet/exceed improvement targets. Consider general opportunities to improve work areas.
- Compile and communicate whatever reports are required – either original reports or those generated automatically. This includes status sheets, check sheets, condition supervising sheets, etc.
Also Apply for: Wema Bank Plc Recruitment (8 Positions)
- OND / Trade Test Certification or any nationally recognised technical qualification in Mechanical Engineering or its equivalent.
- 3 years’ experience/competence in High Voltage operations, Generator maintenance, motor controls and lightening maintenance. Performance Measurement in a brewery or drinks or food manufacturing environment especially in power generating environment
- Validated skills and experience in Pump and valve maintenance, Bottling principles and processes and ability to read and interpret P& ID, mechanical drawings
- Demonstrate detailed understanding of Permit to Work system and GNPLC SHE policies, statutory requirements and responsibilities.
- High level of energy and commitment to team based achievement and high interpersonal effectiveness to develop & sustain robust relationships.
- Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is in itself inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, gender, disability, religion or ethnicity.
Application Closing Date
Also Apply for: The Place Restaurant Recruitment (8 Positions)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online