Apply for the ongoing MasterCard Foundation Job Recruitment 2022 via our latest job vacancies & employment portal. This MasterCard Foundation job opening is available to all qualified candidates.
Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services, and dignified work. Mastercard Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of Directors and CEO.
Location: Toronto, Canada
Experience: Mid Career
THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION
We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria, and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators, young people, and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
UNDERSTANDING CANADA PROGRAMS AT THE FOUNDATION
The Foundation has begun working within Canada in partnership with Indigenous communities and post-secondary institutions to listen, learn, and best understand how we can act in meaningful ways. The EleV strategy was co-created with Indigenous communities, young people, and partners to enable 30,000 Indigenous youth to complete their education and transition to dignified work aligned with their values and aspirations.
As reflected in Canada’s Truth and Reconciliation Commission Calls to Action, education is a key driver of improved socio-economic well-being. Through building partnerships with Indigenous communities, we look to expand our initiative ultimately helping to support a generation of transformative Indigenous young leaders who will be change agents within their communities. We believe that by setting a bold target, we will encourage engagement across sectors and create momentum that will elevate the strengths and opportunities of Indigenous youth. In keeping with our approach, Indigenous communities and young people will be the drivers of this transformation. The program will promote innovations to address longer-term systemic change to achieve economic prosperity and social well-being within Indigenous communities.
The EleV team oversees current and emerging partnerships related to Indigenous education. Consistent with our overall vision and Youth Africa Works strategy, we will share learnings and opportunities to connect across the work of the Foundation. While operating in distinct contexts, the centrality of youth voice and vision, affirmation of culture and identity, and priority to enhance community capacity for self-determination are common threads upon which our work is strengthened and reinforced.
If you are an experienced Facilities Management professional looking to increase your impact, read on!
Reporting to the Facilities Manager, the Facilities Management Associate will support Toronto Facility Management. The scope also includes on-site support with daily office operations and back up to Office Coordinator.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Managing both hard and soft services, monitoring the quality of services and deliverables provided by suppliers, ensuring they are within budget by negotiating the advantageous pricing structures.
- Responsible for compiling monthly service reports and sending to head of the department to review.
- Managing planned preventative maintenance in accordance with the Foundation standards.
- Ensuring that planned maintenance of critical equipment’s is carried out as per PPM schedules.
- Evaluating and comparing quotations when sourcing or procurement of goods/service and obtaining approval from Line Manager.
- Keeping tracker of supplier/vendor contracts to ensure that all contracts in place are valid and ensuring that service/goods are provided as per SLA.
- Managing supplier performance using the agreed SLAs with Suppliers.
- Ensuring compliance is maintained with building and statutory regulations.
- Managing procurement and supply arrangements in cooperation with the Foundation’s procurement process.
- Developing scope for service level agreements between Supplier/vendors and the Foundation.
- Managing helpdesk and/or reactive maintenance issues reported daily.
- Daily inspection of support equipment and identification of issues/potential issues.
- Work closely with Office Coordinator to ensure smooth daily office operations
- Parking arrangements – making the necessary parking arrangements with the landlord based on employee requests and ensuring that payment is made by the employee directly to the landlord.
- Bimonthly testing of power back-up generator, where the Foundation owns one.
- Energy management programs (‘green’ principles), environmental and sustainability methodology.
- Monitoring energy and water consumption and reporting monthly.
- Oversee all facilities management operations and direct report to Line Manager
- Control sample testing (operational risk) using the Control Reviews – to be performed monthly.
- Facilities Management operational risk – Effectively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters.
- Mitigation of risks and resolution of issues in a timely manner including developing suitable controls and measuring their effectiveness.
WHO YOU ARE
- A College Diploma or University Degree required.
- Minimum 4-6 years of experience in an Office Management, Facilities Management support, or a similar role in a fast-paced environment. Local experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience managing a variety of vendors and contractors.
- Experience working in international organization in a hybrid working environment.
- Detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to produce high quality work consistently and effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, exhibiting grace under pressure.
- Excellent initiative and possess a “take charge” attitude and sense of ownership.
- Ability to set and achieve clear objectives.
- Service oriented with a willingness to take on a variety of tasks/activities
- Understand and comply with applicable laws and regulations, the Groups policies, procedures and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Able to work independently with little direction or supervision and possess ability to coordinate and manage multiple projects.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Office 365 and SharePoint).
- Strong communication skills in English. French is an added advantage.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Possess excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
Deadline for Applications is June 30, 2022.
The Mastercard Foundation values the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the organization and we are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
Completion of satisfactory business references and background checks are essential conditions of employment.
For more information and to sign up for the Foundation’s newsletter, please visit http://www.mastercardfdn.org/ Follow the Foundation on Twitter at @MastercardFdn
NB: To avoid missing email communication about your application, please check your spam/junk folder and mark our emails as “not junk”.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you