West African Examinations Council recruitment & employment portal 2022 is now open for interested candidates. This West African Examinations Council job vacancy is open to all qualified candidates.
Laid out in 1952, the vision of the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) is to be a top notch analyzing body, enhancing the instructive objectives of its partners. The West African Examinations Council is West Africa’s first analyzing board laid out by regulation to decide the assessments expected in the public interest in the English-speaking West African nations, to direct the assessments and to grant authentications practically identical to those of comparable looking at specialists globally. Join West African Examinations Council careers team today, and be part of our success story.
West African Examinations Council Recruitment is to fill the Position below:
Job Title: Legal Officer II
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Specific Duties And Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be required to perform the following duties among others:
- Undertake due diligence compliance tasks as assigned
- Ensure conformity with statutory government practices
- Provide advisory services on legal matters
- Assist in the development of guidelines, policies and procedures
- Supervision of external legal retainers
- Legal vetting of documents and commercial contracts
- Risk analysis and mitigation
- Conduct of legal Research on matters as required
Qualification And Experience
- Possess a Bachelor of Laws degree (with at least a Second Class Lower Division) from a recognised University
- Be a member of the Nigeria Bar Association.
- Have a minimum of three (3) years’ post NYSC relevant work experience
- Possess five (5) credits in SSCE/WASSCE including English Language and Mathematics at a sitting or six (6) credits at not more than two (2) sittings including English Language and Mathematics.
- Applicants shouls not be more than forty (40) years of age as at the close of the advertisement.
- They must have undergone the mandatory one (1) year National Youth Service.
- Be able to use Personal Computers, MS Office software package and have knowledge of web-based systems;
- Be self-motivated and able to write good reports, analyse and review research reports;
- Be able to work extra hours with little or no supervision;
- Be a team player with good inter-personal skills and be open and able to lead change;
- Possess influencing, analytical and communication skills;
- Be an organiser / planner with ability to be flexible and to be able to successfully implement ideas.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- The salary paid by the Council is very attractive.
- Point of entry into the salary scales will depend on qualifications and experience.
- The successful applicant will enjoy very good remuneration package that is in line with the Council’s Conditions of Service and will also be assured of full career development within the organisation.
Application Closing Date
7th June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- A scanned passport photograph of size between 7kb to 30kb and dimension 275 x 314 pixels
- Educational qualifications (secondary and tertiary with uploaded scanned copies of certificates obtained). Size of upload between 50kb to 120kb, width between 400pixels to 1200pixels and height between 600pixels to 1500pixels
- You can only apply for a position if you have created a user account, verified your account and logged in.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Application details should be completed and submitted not later than the closing date.