Dangote Group is one of the Nigerians most diversified and fully integrated business multinationals with an annual group income in excess of US$4 billion (2016) with vibrant operations in Nigeria and Africa, dealing with various products including cement, sugar, salt, condiments, packaging, energy, port operations, fertilizer, and petrochemicals. See more Dangote Group Job vacancies Here >>
Dangote Group recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Officer (Contract Specialist)
Job ID: LagosLG001
Job type: Full time
Department: Risk Management
Also Apply for 9mobile Nigeria Job Recruitment (4 Positions)
- Negotiating, Drafting, Review and execution of Agreements including but not limited to Non-disclosure Agreements, Oil & Gas Agreements, Sales/Purchasing Agreements, Sub-contracts, Consulting Agreements, Licensing Agreements, Master Agreements, review of customer proposed terms and conditions.
- Serve as the point of contact for customers on contractual matters. Act as contractual “middleman” between the Company’s User division and customers, ensuring timely review and approval/reconciliation of variations.
- On all standard and nonstandard contracts, provide redlined recommendations and often negotiate directly with customer attorneys or purchasing staff until consensus has been reached.
- Maintain contractual records and documentation such as receipt and control of all contract correspondence, contractual changes, status reports and other documents for all projects.
- As needed, provide guidance on contract matters to project managers or other operational staff, including training to new project managers and other employees in contracting practices and procedures.
- Develop and implement procedures for contract management and administration in compliance with Company policy. As appropriate, contribute to or influence company policies.
- Work with all departments/units of the Company to coordinate necessary requirements relating to contracts and relevant transactions.
- Extensive review of all relevant documents relating to various Contracts drafted, reviewed and/or executed. E.g., Bank Guarantees, Licenses, Permits etc.
- Work with relevant departments/units of the Company, to ensure adherence to broader finance and risk requirements such as revenue recognition, pricing and discounting policies, export controls etc.
- Ensure that signed contracts are communicated to all relevant parties to provide contract visibility, awareness, and interpretation to support implementation.
- Monitor transaction compliance (milestones, deliverables, invoicing etc.)
- Ensure contract close-out, extension, or renewal.
- Maintains and manages a comprehensive Contracts record database.
- Support in the handling of litigation matters to Logical Conclusion.
- Support in the engagement and liaison with External Solicitors to ensure judicious representation of the Company’s matters in court, alternative dispute resolution while mitigating cost for the Company.
- Support in negotiation of solicitors fees and payment of same.
- Some understanding of corporate governance.
- Perform other duties, as may be assigned by the Company Secretary/General Counsel.
Also Apply for Reddington Hospital Job Recruitment (4 Positions)
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Law (LLB).
- Relevant post-graduate degree is an added advantage.
- Membership of any of the following professional bodies is required: Nigerian Bar Association (NBA).
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in a legal function, preferably experience in drafting, reviewing and execution of all kinds of contracts.
- At least 5 years’ experience performing contract review and drafting function in a top-tier law firm or in Multinational Corporation.
- Extensive knowledge of drafting legal contracts and agreements.
- Extensive knowledge of Contracts and Legally binding documents.
- Extensive knowledge of current contractual language and terminology.
- Extensive knowledge on Litigation.
- Extensive understanding of corporate laws, securities laws & capital market
- Extensive knowledge of corporate governance principles.
- Extensive knowledge of industry regulations, policies etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including an impeccable an impeccable mastery of the English language.
- Good organization skills and the ability to multitask on several projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of negotiation best practices, both in-person and in written form that considers cultural norms and the client’s best interests.
- Ability to work effectively alone and in a team for the achievement of organizational goals.
- Ability to pay attention to details and work with little or no supervision
- Awareness of dispute resolution processes, especially litigation
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws.
- Awareness of regulatory issues in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent time management and planning skills.
- Very good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training and Development
Application Closing Date
Also Apply for EHA Clinics Job Recruitment (4 Positions)
How To Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online