Jumia Nigeria Recruitment portal is now open for interested candidates. This Jumia Nigeria job recruitment is open to all qualified candidates.
Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC. Join Jumia Nigeria career team today, and be part of our success story. See more Jumia Job Vacancies 2021
Jumia Nigeria Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Officer – Jumia
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full Time
- As Legal Officer, you will be responsible for providing high quality legal advice to local Management on a full range of legal and challenging operational issues, in accordance with the following principles: instil and foster a culture of legal compliance, advocate for Ethics & Compliance across all levels within the region, build relationships with external legal advisors within the region.
Key Responsibilities for this Jumia Nigeria Recruitment
- Drafting and reviewing various Agreements such as Tenancy Agreements, Partnership Agreements, Supplier Agreements, Service Level Agreements, Vendor Agreements, Data Privacy Agreements etc.
- Preparing Company Secretarial documents on behalf of the company.
- Responsible for providing resolutions to JUMIA related consumer complaints from the Consumers, Law Firms, Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Council (FCCPC) and the Lagos State Consumer Protection Agency (LASCOPA).
- Responsible for preparing legal correspondences on behalf of the company.
- Drafting police petitions and responses to the Nigerian Police and the EFCC investigation requests.
- Organising and maintaining Legal Document Repository and Archive.
- Attending external meetings with various agencies such as the Nigeria Police, FCCPC, LASCOPA and NAFDAC on behalf of company.
- Responsible for managing and keeping track of all company insurance claims and policy renewals.
- Liaising with external legal counsels engaged to carry out assignments on behalf of the company and its affiliates.
- Ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements and ensuring regulatory documents / certificates are up to date.
- Monitoring the new developments in the legal environment in order to advise the company on impact and compliance.
- Such other legal tasks as relevant to the role.
Recommended: Also see Fusion Group Recruitment (3 Positions)
Required Qualifications for this Jumia Nigeria Recruitment
- Law Degree, Master’s Degree is a plus.
- 3 – 5 years of experience in law firm or multinational organizations (private sector or NGO).
- Demonstrate knowledge of, and experience with laws dealing with commercial / contract administration and labor laws.
- Good knowledge of Anglophone legal systems within Africa and some experience with either Francophone or Lusophone county legal systems.
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory law.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and diplomatic skills.
- Excellent command of English, French is a plus.
Benefits for this Jumia Nigeria Recruitment
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
Application Closing Date for Jumia Nigeria Recruitment
Recommended: Also see Milano Properties Recruitment (4 Positions)
How to Apply for Jumia Nigeria Recruitment
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you think this post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter or WhatsApp using the buttons below. Thank you