Metro and Castle Limited recruitment & employment portal 2022 is now open. Interested candidates should submit their CV via the email address below. This Metro and Castle Limited job vacancy is open to all qualified candidates.
Metro and Castle Limited is a leading real estate company in Nigeria that is in the business of construction, leasing, brokerage, and facility management. We have been in business since 2014, with plan to deliver 200 units of affordable housing within 5 years. We believe everyone deserves a roof over their head, so our goal is to deliver distinctive properties in a seamless manner. Our brand is an eloquent evolution of white glove service when it comes to the delivery of real estate projects in Nigeria and indeed sub-Saharan Africa. It’s a bold and tenacious story about seeking the best quality materials, adopting the best processes and wrapping these up in an experience that exceeds the expectations of clients in an attempt to never be described as mediocre. Join Metro and Castle Limited careers team today, and be part of our success story.
Metro and Castle Limited Recruitment is to fill fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Associate
Location: Ajah, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are seeking to recruit a Legal Associate to drive all the legal functions and activities including providing advisory on all legal matters, contracts, and agreements, having impact on legal regulatory & business issues, ensure full compliance, and ethical business conducts
- He / She would ensure the company complies with the statutory and corporate governance practices and guidelines as observed in the Real Estate industry.
- To conduct legal research into legal issues and gave legal opinions on several cases to both the management and clients.
- Prepare, review and vet legal documents such as Deeds of Assignment, Contracts of Sale, Deeds of Mortgage, Deeds of Release, Deeds of Rectification, Deeds of Lease and all other legal instruments for the transfer of title to land.
- Conduct searches at appropriate registries – Federal and State Land Registries, Corporate Affairs Commission and Court Registries.
- Schedule, coordinate and confirm court dates, appointments and meetings.
- Arrange and issue Notices of Meetings, attended company’s shareholders’ and board of directors’ meetings and prepare accurate minutes of meetings.
- Organise and maintain legal files and proper filing of all legal documents.
- Carry out post-incorporation activities at the Corporate Affairs Commission on behalf of the company like filing of annual returns, change of shareholding structure, change of directors, etc.
- Commence applications for perfection of title documents
- Represent the company in court as a witness in a suit and before the Nigeria Police.
- Liaise with external solicitors in relation to the legal activities in the company.
- LLB / LLM Degree
- Minimum of 5 years in Law practice, with at least 3 years’ experience as a Lawyer in the Real Estate Industry.
- Demonstrated drafting skills for corporate compliance and legal documentation.
- Ability to deal with complex problems while applying judgment and independent reasoning
- Advanced Practical experience in negotiations and drafting documents for company transactions.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and drive for results.
- Ability to work with no supervision while performing duties.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondences
- Updated with current laws to provide the best legal counsel and implement preventive measures to processes.
Application Closing Date
26th May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.