Egbin Power Plc recruitment & employment portal 2022 is now open for interested candidates. This job vacancy in Nigeria is open to all qualified candidates.
Egbin Power PLC is a proud showcase for “best in class” operational and performance standards within the sub-Saharan power sector with a state-of-the-art facility housing six steam turbines with a total installed capacity of 1,320 megawatts and currently working on projects aimed at enhancing this capacity through new technology and alternative energy sources. We are more than just a power plant or the locality’s largest employer. Egbin Power Plc is embedded in the fabric of the community, teeming with dynamic, hardworking people and multiple cultural expressions. We don’t just generate electric power, we utilize our power as agents for a social purpose by giving wings to the aspirations of our host communities via our Personal Corporate and Social Responsibility interventions specifically designed to touch lives and make lasting, positive changes with particular focus paid to good health and quality education. Join Egbin Power Plc careers team today, and be part of our success story.
Egbin Power Plc Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Systems Administrator
- Responsible for the design, organization and support of computer systems.
Also Apply for: MTN Nigeria Recruitment (11 Positions)
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To upgrade and manage the IT hardware and handle any issues related to Local Area network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN) and network segments
- Install new / Rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Responsible for the maintenance of operating systems, laptops and desktop
- Operating the firewall for the organization
- Setting up new users and giving them access to the intranet
- Monitoring the local area network (LAN) for threats or errors.
- Ensure mail servers are functioning properly, plan networks, oversee installations, maintain and upgrade software.
- Ensuring security and efficiency of IT infrastructure
- Manage network servers and technology tools
- Setup accounts for new users.
- Installing and configuring software, hardware and networks
- Monitoring systems performance and troubleshooting issues
- Perform other duties as assigned by IT Infrastructure Team Lead.
Also Apply for: British American Tobacco Nigeria Employment (7 Positions)
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or any related field.
- Three (3) to Five (5) years cognate experience.
- A postgraduate degree or certifications such as Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), CompTIA Server etc. will be an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to solve problems in stressful situations
- Strong attention to detail
- Communication skills
- Ability to explain technical concepts to inexperienced users
- Time management skills
- Good knowledge of databases, network, upgrading hardware and software, designing networks etc
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
- Ability to create scripts in Python, Perl or other language
- Ability to program scripts to run internal functions and have sufficient Unix knowledge
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
Application Closing Date
Friday, 2nd September, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Also Apply for: Oneland Africa Limited Recruitment (3 Positions)
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.