African Union Recruitment portal is now open for interested candidates. This African Union job vacancy is open to all qualified candidates.
The African Union (AU) is a continental body consisting of the 55 member states that make up the countries of the African Continent. It was officially launched in 2002 as a successor to the Organisation of African Unity (OAU, 1963-1999). We are an Integrated, Prosperous and Peaceful Africa, driven by its own citizens and representing a dynamic force in the global arena. Join African Union careers team today, and be part of our success story.
Job Title: IT Officer
Requisition ID: 749
Locations: Rabat – Morocco, Bamako – Mali, Khartoum – Sudan
Organization: African Union Commission – AUC
Reports to: Deputy Director.
Directorate / Department: African Migration Observatory / Center / HHS, Rabat, Kingdom of Morocco,African Centre for the Study and Research on Migration, Bamako, Mali,Continental Operational Centre in Khartoum, Sudan.
Division: Office of the Deputy Director, IT Unit
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Number of Indirect Reports: 0
Job Grade: P2
Contract Type: Regular
Number of Positions: 3
Purpose of Job for African Union Recruitment
- Reporting to the Deputy Director, the IT Officer manages computers, NT servers, internet facilities, etc., as necessary and appropriate and ensures that all computer systems at the Observatory / Center work smoothly.
Main Functions for African Union Recruitment
- Diagnose and resolve technical problems associated with computer hardware and software interrelationships / dependencies and ensure availability to system users.
- Maintain the office local-area network (LAN), wide-area network (WAN), network segment, Internet, or intranet system and provide day-to-day onsite administrative support and periodic servicing of the network and all peripherals.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures and educate staff members about computer security, install security software, monitor the network for security breaches, respond to cyber-attacks, and, gather data and evidence to be used in prosecuting cybercrime.
Specific Responsibilities for African Union Recruitment
- Install, assemble and configure computers, monitors, networks infrastructure and peripherals such as printers, scanners and related hardware; pull cables and rewire or direct the rewiring of cables as required for new installations and office reconfiguration.
- Make hardware and software acquisition recommendations, including helping users assess needs and providing justification for equipment and services, as well as training and orientation.
- Handle all computer and related instalment, diagnosis and network connections during the sessions and other meetings of the Commission that require establishment of a secretariat.
- Under the direction of the designated African Migration Observatory/Center Incident Commander, and in working closely with AU Procurement, Travel and Stores Division, supports delivery of end-to-end IT services in support of the Observatory/Center’s Emergency Response activities.
- Render services in accordance with the AU Management Information System Division policies and guidelines and the Guidelines for Emergency Procurement: Procuring Goods and Services in Emergency Situations as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience for African Union Recruitment
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science with a minimum of three (3) years relevant work experience. They should be certified systems engineers in server Administration, network, infrastructure and messaging suites. A higher qualification will be an added advantage.
- Masters level of education in the above mentioned areas of study, in same area of study coupled with a minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience, with the above mentioned certification.
- Relevant work experience relates to server hardware installation and maintenance, server infrastructure, maintenance capacity planning and database application installation and basic maintenance.
- Familiarity with IT systems maintenance practices and processes typically employed by research institutions and other public sector programmes.
- Knowledge of TCP / IP stacks and their functionality.
- Advanced knowledge and troubleshooting of various Windows Servers and other Servers.
Required Skills for African Union Recruitment:
- Good organizational and time-management skills.
- Good interpersonal relationship practices to meet and deal with persons of diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability with regard to computer skills, including excellent word-processing capabilities, proficiency with e-mail and internet applications, experience in using office software applications such as MS Excel, Access, Power Point and Word.
- Ability to deliver under tight deadlines and works well under pressure.
- Analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Able to operate in a multicultural environment.
- High level of autonomy at work, yet with profound team-spirit.
- Adaptive, patient, resourceful, resilient and flexible.
- Pro-active and solutions oriented.
- Proficiency in at least one of the African Union (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese or Spanish) working languages is required. Knowledge of one more or several other working languages would be an added advantage.
Leadership Competencies for African Union Recruitment:
- Change Management
- Managing Risk.
Core Competencies for African Union Recruitment:
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Accountability awareness and Compliance
- Learning Orientation
- Communicating with Influence.
Functional Competencies for African Union Recruitment:
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Job Knowledge and information sharing.
- Drive for result.
- Continuous improvement focus.
Enure of Appointment
- The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
- The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage.
Remuneration for African Union Recruitment
- Indicative basic salary of US$ 31,073.00 (P2 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g.Rabat, Morocco Post adjustment (57% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$21,832.68(per annum),Bamako, Mali Post adjustment (52% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 20,097.00 (per annum),Khartoum, Sudan Post adjustment (46% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$22,932.00 (per annum), and 30% of basic salary as housing allowance for all locally recruited staff, and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Application Closing Date for African Union Recruitment
13th December, 2021.
How to Apply for African Union Recruitment
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online