MainOne Cable Nigeria is a foremost facilitator and provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions such as Connectivity and Data Center Solutions to Telecom operators, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), other businesses and Government institutions across West Africa. See more MainOne Cable Nigeria Job vacancies Here >>
MainOne Cable Nigeria Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: IP Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Number to Hire: 3
Also Apply for Nestle Nigeria Plc Job Recruitment (2 Positions)
- The IP Engineer will be responsible for designing, integrating and implementing IP based services on the Main One network.
Other responsibilities include:
- Providing innovative network solutions and engaging OEMs when required.
- Driving the MainOne IPv6 strategy
- Network design, planning, administration and maintenance.
- IP multicast setup and IOS-XE, IOS-XR router deployments
- Ensuring knowledge transfer for level-1 IPNOC.
- Troubleshooting and resolving WAN/LAN connectivity issues.
- Managing bandwidth of the IP backbone for optimal performance.
- Performing routine checks and maintenance on all network elements.
- Routing protocol troubleshooting experience in a large scale network (BGP, IS-IS OSPF, EIGRP)
- Strong experience configuring and troubleshooting Cisco routers and switches.
- Monitoring of network elements and ensuring prompt repair and restoration of all faulty/down sites/links.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of network equipment such as routers, switches and firewalls like Cisco ASA, Fortigate
- Exploring existing knowledge base and make recommendation to improve systems, solutions and processes
Also Apply for Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc Job Recruitment (10 Positions)
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related field
- Relevant professional/technical certifications like CCNP, JNCIS, (CCIE is an advantage)
- Good presentation skills
- Relationship Management skills
- Time & self-management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of networking technologies – TCP/IP, BGP, DNS, VPNs, EVPN, VxLAN, SDWAN, SDN etc.
- Hands on experience configuring Firewalls, Cisco and Juniper routers,
- Service provider experience in technologies like MPLS L2VPN,L3VPN,ISIS,BGP, Segment Routing
- Proven capacity in designing and implementing complex, high performance networks with multiple locations and applications, preferably service provider networks.
- Scripting knowledge is an added advantage
Demands of the Job:
- There could be a need to travel
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and meet tight deadlines.
Application Closing Date
Also Apply for Ericsson Nigeria Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
How To Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online