Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare educational institution with a national presence. For over 29 years, we’ve offered allied healthcare education, and now we offer content-rich, interactive online courses to approximately 10,000 students as well as campus-based training to hundreds of students. With more than 80,000 alumni, we are institutionally accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (abhes.org).
Full Job Description
Job Title: Interview Specialist
Payment: $18 an hour
Location: Work from Home
Purpose of the Position:
UMA is a nonprofit healthcare educational institution with a national presence. Headquartered in Tampa, Florida and founded in 1994, UMA offers content-rich, interactive online programs as well as hands-on training at our Clearwater, Florida campus.
- Anticipated starting pay rate of $18.00 per hour
- Medical (including prescription), Dental, Vision (UMA subsidized)
- FSA/HSA (Depending on Medical Plan chosen)
- $50,000 Life Insurance (UMA paid)
- Additional Voluntary Life Insurance (Team Member paid)
- Employee Assistance Program – EAP (UMA paid)
- Long Term Disability (UMA paid)
- Short Term Disability (Team Member paid)
- Supplemental Insurance such as Critical Illness, Accident, and Hospital (Team Member Paid)
- Paid Time Off – 15 days accrued in year 1, 9 holidays, and 1 day of Volunteering Time Off
- 401k (eligible upon completion of 90 days of employment and must be at least 21 years of age)
- Pet Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection
- Successfully prepares students to effectively manage the interview process including practice interviews and a formal Resume Conversation.
- Clearly sets the expectations for real world interviews and can lead practice sessions with +5 students per day, ranging from 45 minutes to 1 hour and a half per conversation.
- Set the stage for the interview to be conducted on video (introduced the flow of the call and expectations).
- Clearly identifies and articulates unique action plans each student should pursue to improve their interviewing ability.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, rapport and professionalism (i.e. tone of voice and pace, stays positive and encouraging).
- Conversation Control (i.e. stays in control of the conversation; no tangents, stays on topic) and maintains an appropriate call length.
- Accurately portrays an employer leading a candidate through the interview process, by asking industry questions and evaluating responses based on designated rubric.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Support Institutional Initiatives
- Keep current on institutional goals, objectives, and progress
- Engage in institutional sponsored activities and initiatives as appropriate
- Lead with courage in support of change initiatives that impact organization
- Manages and assists in coordinating efforts between departments within UMA
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and carefully follows all applicable federal and state compliance requirements and regulations including those prescribed by the Department of Education, accrediting agencies, CIE, and internal UMA policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates compliance requirements to students and other staff as appropriate and quickly escalates any compliance concerns to the Compliance department.
Work Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Fulfills the requirements for this level consistent with policy SOP-Gen-207 Learner Services, Registrar, and Student Finance Title Change Plan.
- Associate degree or equivalent in education and experience.
- Two years in management, recruiting/human resources, or education.
- Ability to deliver outstanding student service.
- Demonstrated experience mentoring or assisting in the professional development of others.
- Able to professionally communicate in verbal and written English
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and other business tools such as Skype and Microsoft Teams
- Able to support a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5 years of experience in management, recruiting/human resources work or online education.
- This is a full-time remote position
- Internet Connection.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Requires long periods of sitting at a desk working on a computer leveraging phone and video platform.
- Requires occasional bending, stooping, and squatting.
- Requires occasional lifting of up to 10 lbs.
COMMIT TO TEAM MEMBER SUCCESS