World Health Organization recruitment & employment portal 2022 is now open for interested candidates. This World Health Organization job vacancy is open to all qualified candidates. See latest SSCE, OND or NCE jobs available.
World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends. Join World Health Organization careers team today, and be part of our success story.
>>Click here to SEE LATEST JOB VACANCIES IN NIGERIA TODAY, Saturday 25, March 2023
World Health Organization Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Officer
Schedule: Full Time
Contractual Arrangement: Temporary appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 12 months
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Also Apply for: First Bank of Nigeria Limited Recruitment (11 Positions)
Objectives of the Programme
- The mission of WCO’s is to build the capacity of Member States to manage a wide range of Health Programmes and interventions including health emergencies, to lead and coordinate the international health response to contain health issues including outbreaks.
- The WCO Support Unit will oversee the function of this position. This consists of the provision of high-quality, predictable administrative services (i.e. HR, Finance, work planning, grant management) to the WCO including Emergency Programme during emergency response, as well as effective monitoring of (and compliance with) SOPs, leading to continuous improvement and business process excellence.
Description of Duties
Under the general guidance of the Operations Officer and the direct supervision of the HRO, the incumbent is assigned all or part of the following responsibilities:
- Perform HR roles related to pre-recruitment, recruitment and selection processes, in line with the harmonized selection policies, leading to timely sourcing, selection and placement of required talent.
- Initiates transparent and competitive centralized recruitment and selection processes in Stellis (review of job descriptions, provision of input to job classification process, vacancy announcement, longlisting, shortlisting, interviews and step determination);
- Support the onboarding and end of assignment formalities and processes for staff and non-staff.
- Liaise with county offices, the Global Service Centre, the HR department on all aspects of recruitment, contractual and staffing actions;
- Inform staff and supervisors on WHO Staff Rules and Regulations, HR policies and procedures, administration of entitlements, duties, responsibilities, code of conduct and performance management and career development.
- Compile and analyze data and use it to generate/provide reports, trends and information required for strategic decision making by managers;
Also Apply for: COBEF International Limited Recruitment (3 Positions)
- Brief newly recruited staff on employment conditions and entitlements; guide them on their contractual status and attend to all queries related to the onboarding process including organizing orientation sessions;
- Act as focal point for Staff Development and Learning activities and programs i.e., initiation and coordination of trainings, orientations, briefings of staff members in WCO, NGA;6.
- Perform any other related duties as required.
- Essential: University Degree in Human Resources / Personnel Management, Public or Business Administration, Law or Social Sciences, or any other related field.
- Desirable: Specialized Training in human resources management/Personnel management or industrial relations.
- Essential: At least 2 years of experience in Human Resource management.
- Desirable: Experience in HR Operations within the UN System.
- A thorough knowledge of human resources principles and practices.
- Excellent knowledge of contract management.
- Knowledge of staff benefits and entitlements.
- Ability to draft correspondence clearly and concisely.
Also Apply for: British High Commission Nigeria Recruitment (3 Positions)
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Moving forward in a changing environment.
Use of Language Skills:
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
- WHO salaries for staff in the Professional category are calculated in US dollars. The remuneration for the above position comprises an annual base salary starting at USD 49,254 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable), a variable post adjustment, which reflects the cost of living in a particular duty station, and currently amounts to USD 2081 per month for the duty station indicated above.
- Other benefits include 30 days of annual leave, allowances for dependent family members, home leave, and an education grant for dependent children.
Application Closing Date
10:59 PM: 24th October, 2022.
Also Apply for: Anadach Group Recruitment (6 Positions)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online