About ECOWAS Parliament:
ECOWAS Parliament was established by the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) Revised Treaty of 24 July 1993 as one of the Institutions of the Community. ECOWAS is made up of fifteen (15) member countries that are located in the Western African region. These countries have both cultural and geopolitical ties and shared common economic interest. Founded in 1975, with the signing of the Treaty of Lagos, its mission is to promote economic integration across the region. Join ECOWAS careers team today, and be part of our success story.
>>Click Here To See TOP COMPANIES RECRUITING IN NIGERIA TODAY, Saturday 03, June 2023
ECOWAS Parliament Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Officer (Internal Vacancy)
Directorate: Administration & Finance
Division: Human Resource Division
Line Supervisor: Principal Officer, Human Resources
Also Apply For Wema Bank Plc Recruitment (3 Positions)
- Under the supervision of the Principal Officer, Human Resources, the incumbent shall contribute in providing support in the various human resources functions at the Parliament.
Role and Responsibilities
- Contribute to implementing HR policies and resolving any related issues; give explanations, provide clarifications and make recommendations for resolving issues in the course of policy implementation;
- Assist the Principal Officer in managing recruitment processes, carrying out relevant background checks on new employees, and managing their integration into the work force;
- Contribute to career development, capacity building, succession planning and overall progression of the work force;
- Contribute to the administration of the performance management process and follow-up actions; carry out needs assessment and design and implement staff training/development plans;
- Manage the staff leave and absences function;
- Assist in providing various staff services: healthcare, various referral letters, education related services, installation of new staff, dispatch of retired staff, etc.;
- Prepare periodic HR reports for various purposes;
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Academic QualificatIons and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Social Sciences or Humanities from a recognized University.
- 5 years relevant work experience in human resources, administration or related field, is required;
- Basic technical knowledge of human resources management including professional work experience in human resources operations;
- Knowledge of human resources business processes relating to recruitment, training and development, performance management, career management, compensation, etc.;
- Be below 50 years old. This provision does not apply to internal candidates.
Also Apply For Asset Management Group Limited Recruitment (4 Positions)
ECOWAS Key Competencies:
- Ability to persuade/influence others to consider a certain point of view, adopt a new idea or implement new methods and practices;
- Ability to lead a team of trainees/junior staff and instill a spirit of teamwork to engage employees and achieve a well-defined set of activities;
- Ability to respect chain of command in an appropriate manner;
- Ability to resolve challenges that occur with minimal direction and/or to recommend and explain solutions or alternatives for approval;
- Ability to utilize the Code of Ethics to manage self, others, information and resources;
- Ability to mentor others and create feedback loops with supervisors, colleagues and the subordinates to build strong working relationships and improve performance.
- Contribute to maintaining organizational unit’s performance goals and standards.
- Interpersonal skills with ability to keep a client informed of progress or setbacks in projects of relevance to timeline, quality and quantity;
- Ability to proactively interact with clients and build strong trusting relationships based on mutual respect and regular discussions;
- Ability to establish and sustain professional credibility with clients/stakeholders in a manner that anticipates their need, mitigates issues and that carefully balances professional obligations with the need to be sensitive and responsive to their needs;
- Ability to counsel, advise, consult and guide others on matters pertaining to assigned client service responsibilities and established client service standards;
- Demonstrate respect for cultural differences, fairness and ability to relate well with people from varied backgrounds, nationality, gender, ethnicity, race and religion;
- Understanding of diverse cultural views especially within West Africa, with sensitivity to group differences; ability to challenge bias and to practice tolerance and empathy;
- Ability to listen actively, consider people’s concerns and apply judgement, tact and diplomacy;
- Ability to work in a diverse and inclusive interactive environment that benefits from diverse strengths;
- Ability and responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work;
- Ability to encourage, empower, and advocate for people in an unbiased and transparent manner.
- Knowledge of ECOWAS institutions, sectors, programmes and policies;
- Knowledge of ECOWAS internal operational requirements of programs, projects, services and systems required to achieve work assignments and meet performance goals;
Also Apply For The Place Restaurant Recruitment (5 Positions)
- Knowledge of rules and procedures of ECOWAS associated assigned responsibilities and ability to explain these clearly to others;
- Knowledge of the ECOWAS culture, structures and performance issues and priorities impacting assigned responsibilities;
- Knowledge of member states development trends, indicators, challenges and opportunities as it relates to project/programme assigned to own position.
- Ability to study data/information from a variety of sources, identify anomalies, trends and issues, present findings, and make recommendations;
- Ability to break down problems or processes into key parts to identify and solve gaps in service, quality assurance, compliance and performance targets;
- Knowledge of and ability to apply techniques to generate creative ideas and new approaches to meeting goals;
- Ability to use evidence and research to inform policies and programs and identify relevant and appropriate sources of information, including stakeholders, regional institutions and/or internal committees.
- Demonstrate operational computer proficiency using appropriate tools;
- Ability to make sound use of graphics and tables to effectively present numerical data to write semi-complex technical reports/proposals and edit/check templates, letters, etc.
- Ability to convey information clearly and concisely in a succinct and organized manner through both writing and verbal means;
- Exhibit interpersonal skills, make presentations, express opinions and debate ideas with others in a constructive manner;
- Proficiency in information communication technologies (ICT);
- Fluency in oral and written expressions in one of the ECOWAS official languages of the Community (English, French & Portuguese). Knowledge of an additional one will be an added advantage.
- Ability to develop, implement an individual action plan for achieving specific work goals;
- Identify, organize and monitor tasks throughout to facilitate execution;
- Ability to contribute and/or lead on projects as per accepted project management standards and techniques, to co-ordinate contributions by others to set and meet deadlines;
- Ability to organize work, set priorities, and work within timelines, giving attention to details, stakeholders, indicators and risks;
- Ability to identify, collect and assess indicators to monitor performance and to take proactive remedial action as required.
- P3 – UA49,106.81 (USD77,480.72)
- P4 – UA56,591.37 (USD89,289.87)
Application Closing Date
15th May, 2023.
Also Apply For Costarchem Nigeria Limited Employment (3 Positions)
How To Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should download the Application Form below, fill it out correctly, attach a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a Motivation Letter and send to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Click Here To Download Application Form (Ms Word)
Click Here For More Information
Note: In line with ECOWAS policy, the vacancies are, in the first instance, being published internally for the interest of candidates from ECOWAS Institutions only. Accordingly, interested and qualified staff of all ECOWAS Institutions and Agencies are kindly requested to apply.