United Bank for Africa Plc recruitment & employment portal 2022 is now open for interested candidates. This United Bank for Africa Plc job vacancy is open to all qualified candidates.
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of is a leading Pan-African financial institutions with a worldwide footprint. Our major aim is to be the number one choice for African businesses by creating superior value for all our stakeholders. Our operations spread across 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organization founded in 1949 in Nigeria, United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally. Join United Bank for Africa Plc careers team today, and be part of our success story.
United Bank for Africa Plc Employment is for the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Business Partner
Job Type: Permanent
- To ensure an effective business partnering relationship in assigned region, in line with the strategic objectives of the bank
- To provide strategic input on Talent Management issues to Business Leaders.
- Analyze, forecast, and plan workforce supply and demand, assessing gaps, and implementing target talent management interventions to ensure that the Bank has the right people – with the right skills in the right places and at the right time.
- Partner with key stakeholders across business groups to conduct workforce planning following the outcome of job analysis and evaluation.
- Make use of relevant tools in churning out important workforce planning information to be used in reaching talent decisions and making feasible plans.
- Drive a culture of Simplicity, Responsiveness and Goal orientation & deploy a system that drives a culture of openness, equity and inclusiveness.
- Drive the employee engagement initiatives in line with your unit’s strategy.
- Provide consultation to employees and managers on grievance and disciplinary matters & ensure hearings are conducted fairly.
- Drive and execute your unit’s People Strategy with the objective of achieving optimal staff productivity across lines of business.
- As the execution arm of HR, implement proffered Talent Management solutions and group-wide initiatives.
- Implement & ensure an efficient employee onboarding process that leaves a lasting impression of excellence in the mind of the new employee.
- Drive and manage the system of clear career progression for staff that leverages the diversity and vast scope of operations across lines of business.
- Drive initiatives that ensure employees’ commitment to the organization’s goals & values, and are encouraged to contribute to organizational success.
- Track and manage poor performance, within the Bank and provide performance reports to business leaders for an informed decision.
- Monitor and manage successors in Anchor & critical roles within your line of business at every point in time.
- Provide supervisors with the tools to create individualized development plans for their reports.
- Drive bank-wide mentoring programmes.
- Establish metrics for measuring the effectiveness and success of the coaching and mentoring programs.
- Create opportunities for mentors and mentees to connect, beyond online mentoring platform.
- Provide advice and guidance on a wide range of highly complex HR issues to senior management and or management teams.
- Monitor the external environment and provide guidance on new developments which may be required in response to changing market, legislative and employment conditions.
- First Degree in any relevant Social Science discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years of related work experience.
- HR certification such as CIPD, SHRM, and CIPM and proven experience as an HR Business Partner in a financial sector is an added advantage.
- We are looking for a candidate who has practical and hands-on business partnering experience.
- Our ideal candidate must be knowledgeable about HR processes, employee lifecycle and the business. He/she must have strong business acumen, relationship management and analytical skills.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Good knowledge of employee lifecycle model with practical/hands-on experience.
- Knowledge of HR metrics & analytics.
- Knowledge of HR processes & labour law.
- Good coaching and counselling skills.
- Rational, confident and mature approach to decision making.
- Well-developed critical and analytical thinking.
- Strong interpersonal, problem-solving, negotiation and expectations management.
- Effective listening skills.
- Project management skills.
- Strong orientation towards customer support and responsiveness.
- Ability to build teams and foster team spirit.
What We Expect From You:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, and able to work independently and take ownership of assigned tasks.
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain an excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Application Closing Date
31st May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online