African Union (AU) recruitment & employment portal 2022 is now open for interested candidates. This African Union (AU) job vacancy is open to all qualified candidates.
The African Union (AU) is a continental body consisting of the 55 member states that make up the countries of the African Continent. It was officially launched in 2002 as a successor to the Organisation of African Unity (OAU, 1963-1999). We are an Integrated, Prosperous and Peaceful Africa, driven by its own citizens and representing a dynamic force in the global arena. Join African Union careers team today, and be part of our success story.
Job Title: HR Generalist and Payroll Officer
Requisition ID: 1100
Location: Accra, Ghana
Reports to: Senior HR Generalist
Directorate / Department: Human Resources Management
Division: HR shared Services
Number of Direct Reports: 2
Number of Indirect Reports: 0
Job Grade: P2
Contract Type: Regular
Purpose of Job
- To provide technical support for the planning, execution, monitoring and reporting. Also responsible for effective management of staff compensation and benefits and data validation of payroll processing to achieve the objectives of the AfCFTA Secretariat.
- Provide technical support in payroll related activities of the Human Resources and Administration division, including monitoring and evaluating progress made in line with a predefined strategic plan.
- Research and recommend new developments on areas of improvement in payroll matters and policies.
- Contribute in conducting analysis and generate accurate reports in a timely manner for the respective Unit/Division and AfCFTA’s internal use.
- Assist in the following up on the activities of the division, including monitoring and evaluating progress made in line with a predefined strategic plan.
- Responsible for the delegation and execution of defined research areas.
- Participate in the organisation of relevant meetings, congresses and conferences with stakeholders.
- Engage with relevant mid-level stakeholders and develop working relationships.
- Support the promotion of the activities of the Division including preparing leaflets, guidelines and fact sheets.
- Assist in drafting reports and participate in the preparation of budget and work programmes related to the functioning of the Unit/Division.
- Provide technical support to internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinates the provision of staff welfare (e.g. insurance, medical services, pensions) of local and international staff.
- Provides advice and support to staff on welfare, benefits and entitlements related matters Oversees and ensures well-functioning and timely service delivery of the compensation and Benefits Unit.
- Provides advice and support to managers and staff on welfare, entitlement and benefits matters.
- Serves as main point of contact with external suppliers (i.e. insurance companies).
- Monitors the current staff compensation schemes proper application and evaluate the schemes to ensure value for money services as well as competiveness of proposed scheme in comparison to the current market.
- Provides support for the evaluation of pension and insurance schemes Assist in the promotion of awareness of pension and its regulations;
- Ensures timely review of salary, allowances and benefits through engagement of consultancy firm and provision of necessary information and data.
- Assist in review of salary scales, allowances and benefits by providing relevant data and developing Terms of references for the hiring of consultancy firm
- Ensure the operational aspects of payroll processing and associated activities, including salary disbursement, overpayment recovery, leave management and reporting are accurate and delivered within appropriate timeframes and in compliance with relevant rules and regulations
- Provide a responsive, accurate, client advisory service on payroll matters, resolve difficult enquiries and assist in identifying payroll errors and implement corrective action where required to ensure employee payments are processed accurately and database integrity is maintained while designing, developing and implementing error mitigation plans.
- Prepare complex payroll and human resource information for data input and assist with checking and ensuring quality control and maintenance of records to ensure accuracy, service quality and data integrity.
- Assist the organization to meet its statutory obligations through processing payroll and preparation of payroll reports;
- Collates the salary JVs of each month and submit them for further processing including posting
- Verifies the net due to each staff and the corresponding bank data and submit the amount payable to each for authorization.
- Ensure the effective exchange of information and monitoring of HR payroll practices, priorities and delegations.
- Reviews the Statutory Net Payable (SNP) to Zero after Processing the Bank Transfers and non HQ salary payments.
- Submits for transfers amounts relating to other deductions such as pension, credit union.
- Processes other salaries for non-AU hired staff (Staff Association and health officers.
- Processes advances (all types), installation and separation allowances, car loans and others.
- Reviews the payroll Bank Transfer details for each staff every 6months;
- Maintains all payroll related accounts (Regular, Short Term and Other) including journal entries.
- Perform any other HR and payroll related duties as may be assigned by the senior officers.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- University Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Financial Management or Accounting with 5 years of progressively experience in payroll administration.
- Candidates with Master’s in indicated fields above can be considered provided they have a minimum of 2 years of progressive experience in human resources payroll administration.
- Management and supervisory Skills.
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Change management and strategic thinking skills.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Research and analytical skills.
- Ability to work in teams and in a multicultural environment .
- Knowledge and working understanding of Microsoft office suite and AU software.
- Knowledge and working understanding of AU policies, processes and standards .
- Report writing, communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage
- Strategic Insight
- Developing Others
- Change Management
- Managing Risk
- Teamwork and Collaboration..
- Accountable and Complies with Rules..
- Learning Orientation..
- Communicating with Influence
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Job Knowledge and information sharing
- Drive for result
- Continuous improvement focus..
Tenure of Appointment
- The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
- The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Kiswahili, Portuguese and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage.
- Indicative basic salary of US$ 31,073.00 (P2 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment ( 57% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 27,290.88.00 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Application Closing Date
9th May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online