Start a new career with PingWind while working from home at your convenient. This remote job opportunity in 2022 is open to all qualified candidates.
PingWind is a CVE certified Service-Disabled Veteran Owned (SDVOSB) and SBA certified HUBZone small business that focuses on increasing the security and performance of our customer’s IT and operational assets. PingWind’s founders have extensive experience with both Management Consulting and IT Services. We leverage federal government, military and Fortune 100 experience, both international and domestic, to deliver results. With more than 100 workers spread across 30 states and 2 offices in Virginia and Washington, DC, PingWind offers mission-critical services to our partners in the federal government. Delta Research Associates (DRA), which was purchased and integrated in 2019, is also replaced by PingWind.
Job Title: Help Desk Analyst
Salary: $38,000 a year
Location: Work From Home
Full Job Description
PingWind, Inc. is seeking a Help Desk Analyst for its growing Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) account. The successful candidate will support Tier 2 Help Desk activities on the Veterans Benefits Management System (VBMS) Service Desk.
- Entry-level service desk/call center position where second line analysis and troubleshooting for application specific issues are reported for highly visible and high-profile government contract
- Resolve tier 2 level application system inquiries, requests, and incidents by
- Clarifying the initial request or incident
- Determining the issue to be resolved
- Researching solutions for the root cause
- Escalating for quick resolution turnaround
- Following up as appropriate to confirm resolution
- Documenting resolution activities in trouble ticket tracking system and knowledge management
- Effectively transfer cases to other support groups and escalate to the next appropriate tier level
- Cognizant and capable of meeting enforced service level agreements
- Efficiently handle high volume ticket queue by supporting 50 – 100 tickets on a daily basis
- Actively participate in all meetings such as but not limited to weekly staff meetings, Pre-Scrum, Scrum, Validation, Weekly Live Meeting, USB, Weekly Ticket Tag-Up, Weekly Implementation Call on a rotational basis as necessary
- Responsible for preparing accurate documentation to support and maintain a working knowledge base of service desk processes including pertinent guidelines, regulations, compliance issues, and documentation requirements as well as reference only application reference guides
- Largely responsive to action items to fulfill urgent internal/external requests
- Subject Matter Expert for the application, functional user roles and service desk processes and procedures
- Support focus teams or specialized projects to promote rapid improvement turnaround
- Maintains a professional and pleasant manner using proper customer service skills via (telephone and/or email)
- Responsible for handling varied customer requests, incidents, and problems with regards to the Veterans Benefits Management System (VBMS) application
- Analyzes and recommends alternative solutions to meet customer needs
- Builds credibility and trust with customers
- Identifies areas of opportunity to improve customer satisfaction.
- Supports the team process and participates on cross-functional teams
- Responsible for handling after-hours on call support (when necessary)
- High School Diploma with 1-3 years of relevant experience in a Service Desk environment, or in lieu of education, 3–5+ years’ experience
- Proven experience in ongoing support of client specific application systems
- Experience and ability to export and manipulate data to create and support reports.
- Experience using ticketing software such as Service Now or Service Desk Manager with a thorough understanding of ITIL best practices
- Experience supporting intermediate level Microsoft Office core applications, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Microsoft SharePoint, Agile, Java and Acrobat Adobe
- Ability to support a fast paced and agile learning environment
- Ability to demonstrate excellent communication skills, both verbal and written to support incoming customer support calls and emails
- Analytically inclined with attention to detail and accuracy and consistent follow-through to assure problems are resolved with the ability to respond to last minute requests
- Ability to identify and articulate key information in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment when handling situational occurrences
- Must have excellent multi-tasking and time management skills
- Physical Requirements lifting and/or pulling up to 40lbs.; sitting, bending and standing
- The equipment used in this position includes but is not limited to; computers, servers, network devices
- Availability to travel if necessary
- This position requires the ability to obtain a VA designated Low-Risk Background Investigation (BI)
- Paid Federal Holidays
- Robust Health & Dental Insurance Options
- 401k with matching
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Continuing education assistance
- Short Term / Long Term Disability & Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program through Sun Life Financial EAP Guidance Resources
PingWind, Inc. does not discriminate in employment opportunities, terms and conditions of employment, or practices on the basis of race, age, gender, religious or political beliefs, national origin or heritage, disability, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected by law. Pending guidance from the Safer Federal Workforce, employees may in the future be required to provide evidence of COVID-19 vaccination or request and receive approval for a medical or religious exemption.
Also Apply for: Insurance Processor at Lakeview Household Insurance Solutions, Remote Job $32,000 – $43,000 a year
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you.