Christian Aid recruitment & employment portal 2022 is now open. Interested candidates should submit their CV via the email address below. This Christian Aid job vacancy is open to all qualified candidates.
Christian Aid (CA) is a UK-based international NGO, partnering with others to end poverty in Africa. At the heart of this vision is the transformation of the lives of people who live in poverty, empowering them to have a brighter future. Christian Aid works in more than 30 countries and has been operating in Nigeria since 2003. The Nigeria Country programme focuses on Community Health and HIV, Accountable Governance including humanitarian response and Gender. Join Christian Aid careers team today, and be part of our success story.
Christian Aid Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Programme Policy, Research & Learning
Employment Type: Full-time
About the role:
- This is a senior management role within the Policy, Public Affairs & Campaigns (PPC) Department and leads a team responsible for strengthening and deepening the impact and effectiveness of Christian Aid’s programme delivery, public policy and advocacy in line with our strategic vision and focus on poverty, power and prophetic voice.
- The post holder plays a central leadership role in shaping and driving our programme policy, research and evidence to ensure that Christian Aid is a learning organisation continually improving its work, understanding and communicating its impact, and influencing the wider international development sector.
- The role provides thought leadership, internally and externally, on programming, partnerships, advocacy and campaigning approaches which evidence greater empowerment, equity and justice for people living in poverty. It contributes to Christian Aid’s profile and credibility on thematic excellence, contributes towards strategy alignment, and helps deliver against the global results framework.
- The role works collaboratively across Christian Aid, particularly with teams in the International Programmes and Strategy & Global Change departments and within PPC.
- The post holder ensures that there is a coherent plan and approach for PPRL’s functional, thematic and strategic advisory work across programmes, policy and advocacy.
Requirement and Experience
- You have a strong programme background with experience in programme strategy, design, implementation, and evaluation.
- You have significant understanding of INGO programmes, the role of INGOs within the international development landscape and trends within the sector.
- You are a creative, strategic and lateral thinker able to combine big picture thinking with practical application and link programme design with policy and advocacy.
- You have excellent communication skills and ability to engage diverse internal and external audiences with credibility and authority.
- You are able to negotiate with, influence and persuade others in a collaborative manner.
- You have excellent analytical and problem solving skills – including the ability to draw on complex theoretical concepts, translating and integrating these into practitioner friendly resources.
- You have knowledge and experience in research methods, applied in a variety of practice based contexts.
- You also have strong understanding of best practice in capacity development and learning.
- You provide effective leadership and support to staff and have high quality skills in cross-organisational coordination and relationship management.
- You are committed to Christian Aid’s mission, vision and values.
- You are self-aware, culturally sensitive and able to adapt your approach to different contexts.
You promote diverse knowledge systems including the value of indigenous knowledge to the social, political, economic and environmental wellbeing of local communities.
- You are educated to degree level in a relevant field, and have experience representing an organisation at senior level.
You can expect a wide range of rewards and benefits:
- A generous holiday allowance.
- Flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work / life balance.
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online