Daystar Power Energy Solutions recruitment & employment portal 2022 is now open for interested candidates. This job vacancy in Nigeria is for all qualified candidates.
>>Click here to see latest SSCE / OND / NCE jobs available.
Daystar Power Energy Solutions is committed to helping African businesses grow and develop by taking their power needs off their plate. In doing so, it aims to contribute to the clean and sustainable growth of African countries. Today, Daystar Power is present in four countries, runs over 240 power installations with installed capacity of 26 MW, and has a team of 110 colleagues. Jasper Graf von Hardenberg and Christian Wessels worked with large businesses in West Africa for a combined 25 years before founding Daystar Power Energy Solutions. They quickly appreciated that the energy deficit was one of, if not, the largest obstacle to businesses in the region. Without a stable grid, businesses had to provide their own power. In Nigeria, business owners have to run diesel/gas generators for their power supply. Join Daystar Power Energy Solutions careers team today, and be part of our success story.
Daystar Power Energy Solutions Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Legal
Job Type: Full time
Also Apply for: Dangote Group Recruitment (18 Positions)
- Daystar Power Group is looking to engage a competent Head of Legal who will be responsible for the legal affairs of the entire company.
- This role includes providing legal counsel, ensuring statutory and regulatory compliance, corporate governance and government relations.
- We are seeking a hardworking, motivated, and well-organized individual with a focus on continuous improvement to exceed expectations.
- Legal: directing, coordinating and supervising groupwide legal matters, including:
- Company secretarial:
- Providing and implementing recommendations on the group’s corporate governance framework, ensuring that the group not only adheres to legal requirements but to global corporate governance best practices.
- Liaising with regulatory and governmental institutions as required.
- Tracking and maintaining records of regulatory developments within the company and reporting such developments to Senior Management.
Also Apply for: Sooyah Bistro Limited Recruitment (3 Positions)
- Monitoring compliance with regulatory requirements;
- Monitoring external counsel;
- Ensuring timely filing of statutory returns;
- Preparing legal templates required for business processes and engagements;
- Negotiating contracts with counterparties; and
- Identifying and forecasting legal risks and advising on legal risk mitigation.
- Attending and maintaining of minutes in respect too group meetings and submitting requisite filings;
- Coordinating all arrangements for meetings of the Board to ensure that they are properly organized and conducted.
- Preparation of annual budget for legal department.
- Education: LLM or LLB Degree; Must be a Barrister
- Experience: Over 8 years’ post qualification experience in corporate legal area preferably in a multinational company. Strong preference will be given to applicants that have worked in top-tier law firms.
- Language Proficiency: English (excellent oral & writing skills).
- French (oral & writing skills) will be an added advantage
Knowledge and skills:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and interact across to the board and management with confidence and authority.
- Ability to deal with complex problems and ability in applying judgment and independent reasoning in situations where applicable precedence and laws may not exist.
Also Apply for: Whitefield Hotels Limited Recruitment (5 Positions)
- Advanced practical experience in negotiations and drafting of corporate compliance and legal documents for various company transactions.
- Must demonstrate discretion in dealing with sensitive information.
- Proficiency in MS Suite (particularly Microsoft Word and Power point).
- Proven law firm or in-house experience and background in Nigerian law and regulations particularly power, employment, project financing, investment law, company law and general corporate advisory.
- Proven background on liaising with regulatory authorities in Nigeria.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office applications in particular, MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience in managing and dealing with high-profile counterparts with diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Commercial awareness.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to establish and maintain strong relationships.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- High degree of personal maturity with the ability to lead conversations and negotiate with high profile counterparts.
- Ability to critically analyse complex problems and provide structured solutions.
- Comfortable with working as part of a team.
- Willingness to work flexible hours if necessary.
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills.
- Possess keen eyes for details.
- Opportunity to work in a forward-looking, innovative company, with international group of colleagues.
- Unlimited career opportunities – depending on achievements and personal development.
- A competitive salary and benefits package with long term prospect in a fast-growing company.
Application Closing Date
Also Apply for: Greengates Group Limited Recruitment (3 Positions)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Daystar Power Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit all forms of discrimination and harassment based on race, colour, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
- Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.