Jumia Nigeria recruitment & employment portal 2022 is now open for interested candidates. This Jumia Nigeria job vacancy is open to all qualified candidates.
Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa with over 5,000 employees in more than 20 African countries. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live.E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive. Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation. Join Jumia Nigeria career team today, and be part of our success story.
Jumia Nigeria Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Grocery
Employment Type: Full-Time
- As Head of Grocery, you will be responsible for managing and steering the performance of our different value propositions while ensuring synergies between all (PG, OnDemand Services, Grocery Hypermarket Stores, and Provision stores).
- Managing and steering the performance of our different value propositions while ensuring synergies between all.
- Sourcing the 5K products+ necessary to cover all grocery consumer needs on eCommerce.
- Ensuring all retail supply is going through the revamped retail contract with the right economics for Jumia.
- Managing the assortment of our dark stores to cover 1,5K+ products (from ecom to dark stores).
- Acquiring hypermarkets, supermarkets, chains of provision stores on our quick commerce to cover key areas.
- Ensuring 100% availability for eCommerce and dark stores by managing daily replenishment of our main warehouses and dark stores.
- Ensuring AAA customer experiences.
- Coordinating with marketing to enhance visibility on our different value propositions.
- Creating and maintaining the ecosystem of tools, processes.
- Launching Brand to Store with the key grocery brands.
Qualifications & Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree from a reputable University (MSc/MBA is a plus).
- 10+ yearsof experience from the retail industry, directly involved in managing sourcing (Game, Shoprite, etc).
- Strong analytical skills and ability to make data-driven decisions.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- IS Grocery vs target for each line of service (Ecommerce, quick commerce hyper/chains of provision stores, dark stores).
- # of orders on eCommerce with more than 10 unique SKUs.
- % Availability in JE for eComm next day.
- % Availability in Jumia Dark stores.
- # of hyper/provision stores on ODS with more than 500 SKUs live.
- A unique experience in an international, entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- An unparalleled personal and professional improvement as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
- The opportunity to be part of a team full of talented people with the best backgrounds
Application Closing Date