Airtel Nigeria recruitment & employment portal 2022 is now open for interested candidates. This job vacancy in Nigeria is open to all qualified candidates.
Airtel Nigeria is among the leading telecommunications service provider in Nigeria with it’s headquarter located in Lagos, the commercial centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services. Join Airtel Nigeria careers team today, and be part of our success story.
Airtel Nigeria Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Network Planning
Location: Lagos, Nigeria (Hybrid)
Job type: Full-time
Level: Mid-Senior level
Also Apply for: United Bank for Africa Plc Recruitment (29 Positions)
Purpose of the Job
- Plan, direct and control the delivery of Network Strategy by ensuring technical plans are converted from business objectives to deliver best quality at lower cost and innovative Capex productivity.
- This role ensures Airtel is the lowest cost producer and delivers +1 network experience continually.
Provide strategic inputs to group planning and Airtel Nigeria CTO towards the formulation of Optimal network roadmaps that encompasses Airtel Nigeria requirements and subsequently develop Airtel Nigeria roadmap:
- Analyze business objectives and convert it into technical plans.
- Provide recommendations to CTO and group planning on solutions best suited to Airtel Nigeria that will improve capex productivity and provide a best-in-class network.
- Define Airtel Nigeria network evolution roadmap in line with group guidelines and local business strategy in a manner best suited to meet current and future business requirements
- Co-ordinate across functions – Sales, Marketing, CSD, IT, SCM and regulatory to understand business and regulatory needs to ensure delivery of best in class and efficient solutions to business users and customers by our partners
- Effective use of business intelligence data on network usage patterns to enable informed decision making in the short, medium, and long term with respect to network evolution and expansion
Also Apply for: Seven-Up Bottling Company Recruitment (3 Positions)
- Ensure compliance to applicable regulations and monitor availability of all relevant documentation, across relevant touch points to meet compliance requirements
Scalability / Interoperability:
- Ensure all vendor network equipment on the network can interoperate with one another without glitch.
- Ensure all vendor network equipment can be enhanced for current and future business needs
- Engage with business teams to understand functional needs/ business problems concerns and come up with possible plans / solutions to address their needs
- Support the business teams in translating their functional needs to network specifications and convert these to network designs for development of plans and solutions by partners
- Engage with business teams to inform them of various network capabilities that can be harnessed to provide various business products and services
- Direct proactive network expansion to cater for increasing traffic requirements
Partner with SCM on vendor/partner management processes:
- Collaborate with user departments to develop design specifications for new requirements
- Provide specifications to SCM and evaluate specifications provided by Vendors.
- Define SLAs for internal processes and partners, monitor achievement of defined objectives to ensure an effective and efficient interface to all touch points.
Build a capable and motivated team at Airtel Nigeria to create a high performance team environment:
- Recruit the right talent in consultation with function head, as per defined recruitment guidelines
- Develop and motivate team members through structured training and on the job coaching
- Establish performance expectations and regularly review individual performance
- Recommend appropriate rewards and recognition
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Electrical & Electronics Engineering or related fields)
- Sound knowledge of Mobile Network Planning, Optimization and O&M
- 10-12 years of varied experience in planning, implementation, operation, and maintenance in the Telecom industry
- 5 years managerial experience in a GSM/mobile company with at least 3 years senior management experience in an area of network Planning.
Application Closing Date
Also Apply for: First Bank of Nigeria Limited Recruitment (6 Positions)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We therefore do not discriminate against applicants based on, among others, their race, disability, religion or gender.
- All employment opportunities are decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.