Personal Trust Microfinance Bank Limited recruitment & employment portal 2022 is now open. Interested candidates should submit their CV via the email address below. This Personal Trust Microfinance Bank Limited job vacancy is open to all qualified candidates.
Personal Trust Microfinance Bank was licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria to operate as a state microfinance bank in year 2014. Formerly known as Personal Trust Savings and Loans, it was first registered in 1993 and operated as a mortgage bank until its conversion in 2014. We are a member of the First Ally Group comprising of : First Ally Capital Limited, First Ally Asset Management, First Ally Bureau De Change, First Ally Capital Properties Ltd and Personal Trust Microfinance Bank. The focus of the Bank is provision of microfinance services to individuals as well as small and medium scale enterprises. We have made significant investments in technology with a view to being a leading digital bank in Nigeria. Join Personal Trust Microfinance Bank Limited careers team today, and be part of our success story.
Personal Trust Microfinance Bank Limited Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Internal Control
Location: Mainland, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Head of Internal Control is responsible for the development and implementation of the Internal Control framework of the Bank.
- The job holder will develop policies and procedures and monitor compliance in line with external regulations.
Also see: Dangote Group Recruitment (14 Positions)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing, reviewing, and implementing compliance policies, programs, and procedures
- Using problem solving and critical thinking skills to quickly identify internal control deficiencies, evaluate their risk implications, and draw the appropriate conclusions
- Developing and executing internal audit activities, consult with management on strategic plans and other business matters, and anticipate emerging risks
- Participating in decision making with senior engagement management, provide meaningful insights, and seek to understand the broader impact of current decisions
- Documenting and testing business process and IT controls that support key financial operations
- Evaluating control deficiencies, and monitoring remediation actions, timelines, and progress
- Maintaining current knowledge of laws, regulations, procedures, and policies governing the Bank
- Lead the setup of the enterprise risk assessment for the bank and developing a risk log
- Take responsibility for the Bank’s annual control work program using the internal control framework within the Bank
- Ensure appropriate level of communication is maintained on Internal Control matters to support the framework and ensure appropriate ownership and accountabilities from management and managers.
- Develop adequate training material on the internal control objectives, approach and methodology.
- Conduct follow-up reviews of financial, operational, or regulatory compliance deficiencies noted during audits.
- Prepares monthly exception reports and presents to the Managing Director
- Ensures capital & revenue expenditure complies with policies and approval limits
- Ensure compliance of loans disbursement to credit policies
- Implements the anti-fraud campaign and assess compliance
- Prepares monthly regulatory renditions and returns
- Flexibility to carry out any other task as requested by Management.
- HND / B.Sc in Accounting
- ICAN Certified
- Evidence of completion/ exemption of/from NYSC
- Evidence of completion of Microfinance Certification program.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Internal Control in a microfinance bank or financial institution.
- Prior managerial experience in similar role or capacity
- In-depth knowledge of Internal control framework for the Microfinance Industry.
- Strategy planning and implementation
- Organization and time management abilities
- Leadership, team management and mentoring
- Metrics-driven mindset
- Problem solving skills
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Extensive knowledge of all regulatory policies and procedure
- Risk Management techniques
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multi task and meet tight deadlines
- Proficient in the use of MS Office suit
- Ability to interact with senior management and multiple stakeholders, including regulators.
- Strong communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Proficient writing and delivery of presentations and documentation.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from people.
Application Closing Date
23rd June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Head, Internal Control” as the subject of the email.
Note: You will be contacted if your application is successful.