Deloitte Nigeria recruitment & employment portal 2022 is now open for interested candidates. This job vacancy is open to all qualified candidates.
About The Company:
Deloitte is a leading provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services globally. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500 companies. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across Nigeria and Ghana. In Nigeria, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services firms, specializing in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, consumer, telecommunications, media & technology, energy resources & Industrial and government and public services. Join Deloitte Nigeria careers team today, and be part of our success story.
Deloitte Nigeria recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Internal Control and Audit
Employment Type: Full Time
- The job incumbent will be responsible for helping the organization achieve its objectives by evaluating the effectiveness of governance, risk management and internal control arrangements and playing a key role in promoting good corporate governance.
- These include internal audit service, drawing up the internal audit strategy and annual plan and giving the annual audit opinion.
Also Apply for: Stanbic IBTC Bank Recruitment (23 Positions)
Duties and Responsibilities
Internal Control Framework & Implementation:
- Analyses, measures and evaluates process risks. Formulate policies and procedures to improve internal controls, compliance and efficiency.
- Own the design, implementation, documentation, assessment and monitoring of the internal control framework, including policies, procedures and key risks in order to ensure that the Company has adequate controls to prevent unintentional and intentional errors in financial reporting, processes and business operations.
- Actively seek standardization and automation, apply and implement best practices for managing internal controls and deploy innovative technology where possible to enhance and continuously improve the design and operating effectiveness of the controls, documentation, assessment and review procedures.
Audits & Reviews:
- Create, develop and foster strong and professional relationships with business process owners for improved understanding of divisional procedures.
- Identify and report any process activities that deviate from the approved polices and or best practice to Management
- Identify requirements and build key knowledge in line with functional competencies.
- Work collaboratively with business and process owners to implement and monitor remediation efforts that result from internal control assessments, ensuring the effective implementation of corrective action.
- Review expense requests to ensure they are in line with management policies prior to payment.
Also Apply for: Workforce Group Employment (18 Positions)
Regulatory Compliance Oversight and Engagement:
- Provide proactive support and advice to the business to ensure compliance with local and international (where applicable) regulatory requirements on an ongoing basis while maintaining professional relationships with respective local/international regulators.
Monitoring & Reporting:
- Support business processes owners to ensure processes and controls are appropriately designed and implemented to address the inherent and emerging risks.
- Adequate and timely reporting on the internal control framework and control deficiencies to ensure appropriate communication, documentation, escalation to relevant stakeholders in the business.
- Other relevant engagements as assigned by the Executives and Board.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree (with Post Graduate qualifications – preferred) in Accounting, Economics, Insurance, etc., with at least a 2.2 (Second Class Lower)
- At least an ACA member of ICAN or ACCA is required, relevant professional certification (CIIN, related risk, control and audit certifications, etc) will be a plus
- 15 years+ experience functioning in similar capacity as highlighted above
- Experience garnered in multinational organization(s) in the financial services, specifically, Insurance sector (most preferable) or delivering similar services via the professional services firms (preferably any of the “big 4”).
Application Closing Date
Also Apply for: Opay Nigeria Recruitment (3 Positions)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online