British Council recruitment & employment portal 2022 is now open for interested candidates. This job vacancy is open to all qualified candidates.
The British Council is the UK’s international organization that promote cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We achieve this by making positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust. We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Join British Council careers team today, and be part of our success story.
British Council Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: HE Project Manager – Nigeria
Locations: Abuja (FCT), Damataru – Yobe, Lagos, Jimeta, Yola – Adamawa and Kano
Slots: 5 Openings
Pay band: 6
Contract type: Fixed Term, Two Years
Also Apply for: U.S. Mission Employment (10 Positions)
- This role sits within the Cultural Engagement (CE) Strategic Business Unit (SBU).
- CE brings together our portfolio of work in arts, education, English, and research. Our portfolio is delivered through a set of globally led programmes that locates our work and impact within our strategic framework.
- These programmes deliver our key performance indicators and impact ambitions.
- All programme management roles deliver activities and projects within this global programme and strategic framework. Our programmes are funded by the British Council’s grant in aid, through partnerships and external clients.
- The British Council has a contextualized programme and project management framework with clear standards and procedures for programme management set out by the CE Centre of Excellence.
- This framework is in line with Cabinet office functional standard for project delivery, FCDO Operating Framework and the Association for Project Management Body of Knowledge.
- Implementation of HE programmes in Nigeria funded by British Council and other partners or clients in compliance with British Council policies and procedures. Could play a leadership role on a specific component of a larger project or programme.
Also Apply for: J-Six Group Recruitment (6 Positions)
Some of your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Manage the delivery of Innovation African Universities (IAU) programme in Nigeria (as part of Going Global) and any other HE programmes in the country
- Manages delivery teams and/or project team.
- Manages all EDI processes and ensures comprehensive use of internal tools in programme design and delivery. Maintains an oversight of the action plan developed through the use of internal EDI tools
- Leads on relationships at a project/programme level.
- Holds delivery partners to account including supply chain management where applicable.
- Manage and control the agreed budget, expenditure and income against plans, ensure accuracy of reports and ensure sound financial management and analysis across the portfolio through monthly finance reviews and quarterly business reviews.
- Ensures that every project/programme is compliant with all internal policies and processes (for example safeguarding, EDI, supply change management, social value and conflict sensitivity).
- Contributes to development of, owns and delivers, the Programme Management Plan
- Identifies risks in a project or programme and puts together mitigation strategies with SRO.
- Manages, finance, procurement, compliance and reporting on a project/programme.
- Works closely with sources of digital skills and expertise to ensure high quality digital inputs on programmes and projects.
- As with any business that experiences peaks and troughs of activity, there is likely to be a need to work outside office hours from time to time
Also Apply for: KPMG Nigeria Recruitment (3 Positions)
Role Specific Knowledge and Experience
- Foundation level Project Management qualification (in-house training or evidence of CPD in this area could be considered)
- Experience of managing multi country or large in-country programmes that have met project closure and audit standards.
- Knowledge/ and or experience of working with at least two types of funding sources within a structured compliance regime.
- Experience of client management, partner management and/or contract management.
- Experience of managing a wide range of stakeholders
- Good understanding and experience of the HE sector in Nigeria
The successful candidate will need to possess the following requirements:
- Relevant experience of overseeing production of goods/provision of services
- Role holder must have existing rights to live and work in the country the role is based.
- Significant experience of managing projects / programmes
- Experience of managing dispersed teams.
Application Closing Date
22nd August 2022 (23:59).
Also Apply for: PZ Cussons Employment (9 Positions)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Role could require some domestic and international travel as required by the programme and some out of hours and evening work responding to or driven by programme / portfolio needs