Apply for the ongoing Good Energy Collective Job Recruitment 2022 via our latest job vacancies & employment portal. This Good Energy Collective opening is available to all qualified candidates.
Good Energy Collective is a policy research organization. We’re building the progressive case for nuclear energy as an essential part of the broader climate change agenda and working to align the clean energy space with environmental justice and sustainability goals. We develop smart policies at every scale to accelerate the just and equitable deployment of advanced nuclear technologies. Our research is rooted in social science and champions a whole-of-government approach, so that communities can go from ideas, to development, to thoughtful and effective deployment faster and more efficiently.
Location: Remote, D.C.
Sector: Non Profit
Experience: Early Career
Good Energy Collective Job Recruitment For Policy Analyst – Washington, D.C.
We are looking for a policy analyst to lead one or more research projects at the intersection of advanced nuclear energy and environmental justice. These research areas may be domestic or international in scope. The policy analyst will research, write, and present on their findings and contribute toward the organization’s growing body of knowledge and policy recommendations. They will educate key stakeholders, including policymakers, on their findings and grow their professional networks by collaborating with external partners. All team members will have the opportunity to shape the organization’s work and contribute toward informing change domestically and/or abroad.
The ideal candidate will have a professional or educational background in one or more of the following:
- Energy systems and energy markets
- Energy policy or climate policy
- Nuclear engineering
- Nuclear security/nonproliferation
- Nuclear safeguards
- International relations
Good Energy Collective operates as a worker self-directed nonprofit organization. This means that employees are empowered to direct their own work and develop their own career path, as well as share responsibility in fostering good workplace conditions and shaping the direction of the organization. Applicants should be capable of working independently and managing their own time and tasks. All staff will work collaboratively with Good Energy supervisors to develop a description of their role and responsibilities as well as mentorship needs and goals for personal and professional growth.
- Research and develop written, visual, or presentational products surrounding one or more agreed-upon areas of study
- Propose new lines of inquiry with regard to advanced nuclear energy, environmental justice, and climate change
- Engage regularly with relevant external organizations
- Educate policymakers and other stakeholders on research results and analysis
- Work closely with your supervisors to develop strategies for relaying research and policy findings to external stakeholders
- Participate on relevant research panels and talk with members of the press as opportunities arise
- Other duties as assigned
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Authorization to work in the United States
- Demonstrated ability to work on a diverse team, especially virtually
- A passion for progressive issues
- A willingness to engage and learn
- An interest in climate change, environmental justice, and nuclear energy
Salary & Benefits
- Starting salary will depend on education level and work experience
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible vacation, sick, family, and parental leave policies (take what you need)
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume or CV, and one writing sample to https://www.goodenergycollective.org/jobs/policy-analyst
The cover letter should explain what personal or work experiences would make you a good fit for this role and how you could contribute to GEC’s mission. The writing sample can be any length. We’d prefer examples where you are the sole author writing for a broad, non-technical audience (e.g., an op-ed, essay for popular press, or policy brief).
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you