Jumia Nigeria recruitment & employment portal 2022 is now open for interested candidates. This Jumia Nigeria job vacancy is open to all qualified candidates.
Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa with over 5,000 employees in more than 20 African countries. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live.E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive. Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation. Join Jumia Nigeria career team today, and be part of our success story.
Jumia Nigeria Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Golang Developer
Job Type: Full-time
Also see: Bolt Nigeria Recruitment (4 Positions)
- Autonomy interpreting business/technical requirements, designing, implementing and testing high-quality solutions
- Work in a team-based development environment with modular code base, peer reviews and pull requests, with disciplined use of source code control and documentation
- Constant aim for quality, scalability, performance, and architecture keeping good practices, security, and compliance in check
- Be part of a fast and agile development process
- Contribute actively and proactively to optimize applications, processes, and methodologies
- Be willful to help peers, being part of a collaborative environment for development, testing, and automation tasks.
Academic & Trades Qualifications:
- Academic background in IT or equivalent
- Knowledge in algorithms and distributed systems
- Proficiency in English
- 3 year of experience.
- Strong working experience (+3 years) and knowledge with Golang
- Experience with Golang Web Frameworks (e.g. Gin Gonic, Rebel)
- Clear understanding of OOP, Design Patterns and anti-patterns, SOLID principles
- Working experience with relational databases (e.g. MySQL)
- Experienced with testing layers (unit, integration and functional testing) and version control technologies (e.g. GIT)
- Understanding of Queuing systems (e.g. SQS, RabbitMQ).
- Eager to work in team environment and share knowledge
- Likes problem analysis and solving
- Enthusiast and an interested in technologies and innovation
- Solution oriented and proactive attitude, in parallel with “Get Things Done” mindset.
The following skills are not required but will make your profile stand out:
- Experience with other languages like PHP and JS
- Prior experience with of the following technologies: Apache Kafka, Couchbase, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Redis
- Experience with microservices oriented architecture
- Familiar with SCRUM methodology.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online