Dangote Group employment & recruitment portal 2022 is now open for interested candidates. This Dangote Group job vacancy is open to all qualified candidates.
Dangote Group is one of the Nigerians most diversified and fully integrated business multinationals with an annual group income in excess of US$4 billion (2016) with vibrant operations in Nigeria and Africa, dealing with various products including cement, sugar, salt, condiments, packaging, energy, port operations, fertilizer, and petrochemicals. Our core business focus is to provide local, value-added products and services that meet the ‘day-to-day needs’ of the populace through the construction and operation of large scale manufacturing facilities in Nigeria and across Africa. We are focused on boosting local production capacity to generate employment, reduce capital flight and increase local value addition. Join Dangote Group careers team today, and be part of our success story.
Dangote Group recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fleet Management Officer
Job Code: HRHQ02
Employment Type: Full-time
Category: DCP – HR
- Co-ordinate and implement a comprehensive program of fleet services and maintenance to ensure a smooth operation of fleet activities in DCP Office locations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive the implementation of policies and procedures for fleet management and mobilize drivers accordingly.
- Manage scheduling of pool drivers and ensure timely availability of vehicles for DCP staff, guests, etc.
- Develop and maintain logs and schedules, monitor and track the itinerary of pool vehicles, and ensure optimal use of the physical assets.
- Ensure that vehicle (and drivers’) log-books are properly maintained for input into vehicle management system and/ or monthly payroll.
- Review and sign-off on periodic vehicle fueling requests, in line with approved provisions.
- Coordinate routine servicing and repair of vehicles as required and maintain relevant documentations.
- Document details of accident occurrences and report to Head, Admin. & Services
- Oversee activities involving vehicle licensing, renewals and other statutory registrations (e.g. Hackney permits).
- Maintain fuel records of vehicles in the DCP Head Office to check and prevent fraud and ensure optimal usage.
- Liaise with approved mechanic workshops to ensure prompt and complete service and repairs of DCP all Admin. Services vehicles.
- Maintain and track records of fleet maintenance and fuel usage costs within the country.
- Develop drivers payroll input items, including payment schedules for overtime hours, for approval by the Head, Admin. & Shared Services
- Forward drivers’ concerns to the Head, Admin. & Shared Services for escalation to appropriate quarters.
- Communicate and forward information regarding vehicle requirements to the Head, Admin. & Shared Services
- Perform periodic vehicle inspection, report incidences and provide recommendations to Head, Admin. & Shared Services
- Prepare and submit monthly report of fleet operations to the Head, Admin. & Shared Services.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in any discipline
- Minimum of three (3) years cognate experience in fleet management.
Skills and Competencies:
- In-depth knowledge of current / prevailing traffic laws and regulations.
- Working knowledge of software applications (e.g. vehicle tracking and scheduling application).
- In-depth knowledge of authentic vehicle parts and accessories.
- Good project management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of vehicle licensing procedures.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of applicable MS Office support tools.
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online