Airtel Nigeria recruitment & employment portal 2022 is now open for interested candidates. This Airtel Nigeria job vacancy is open to all qualified candidates.
Airtel Nigeria is among the leading telecommunications service provider in Nigeria with it’s headquarter located in Lagos, the commercial centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services. Join Airtel Nigeria careers team today, and be part of our success story.
Airtel Nigeria Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Controller
Employment Type: Full time
About the Job
The Financial Controller has the following responsibilities:
- Financial Reporting under IFRS – monthly, Quarterly and annual
- Tax operations and compliance
- Enterprise and Airtel Money operations and compliance
- Finance operations for Nigeria.
- Prepare or direct preparation and ensure accuracy of monthly & Quarterly financial statements (Income statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flows) per IFRS for the Nigerian entities
- Ensure compliance as per IFRS Accounting Standards, guidelines of the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria (‘FRC’) and applicable local regulations.
- Develop and implement internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for all financial reporting related activities
- Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting policies and procedures, and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
- Supervise and review the management of all activities related to financial accounting such as: invoicing; refunds; purchasing; payroll; collection of accounts receivable; management and payment of suppliers; management and payment of contracts; assistance in the ongoing monitoring and management of banking relationships, cash flow analysis and the management of short and long term debts; performing bank and other key reconciliations
- Ensure internal controls are in place and comply with all business, accounting policies and guidelines for Airtel with respect to the Enterprise solutions / Lease line business and the Airtel Money business with our partner Bank.
- Tax planning and compliance in line all relevant tax legislations and procedures as determined by the Federal Inland Revenue Services (‘FIRS’) Nigeria, resolution of all tax issues resulting from tax audits. Proactive analysis and management of the Company’s tax liabilities including all federal and state taxes.
Internal & Statutory Audits:
- Coordinate audits of company accounts and financial transactions to ensure compliance with Group accounting policies, relevant accounting standards and other legislations.
- Provide leadership to all of the finance staff in terms of Inspiring and motivating others to perform well, Delegating work assignments that matches the responsibility to the person and Setting expectations and monitoring delegated activities
- Optimize and maintain the Enterprise Resource Planning solution with the aim of providing a good platform for fast and accurate reporting on the company’s financials.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business related field
- Professional Qualification; ACA, ACCA
- Masters in Business Administration.
- Minimum experience of 18 years or more
- Telecom and/or Banking experience
- At least 10 years related experience at senior management levels – Financial Controller or Head Financial Reporting of a large undertaking with revenues in excess of 1billion USD
- Has managed a large team of qualified resources, with a working knowledge of Oracle or other ERP and hands on / excellent Excel skills.
- Expert knowledge of financial accounting principles and concepts (IFRS) in order to perform tasks listed under Principal Duties and Responsibilities above.
- Hands on Tax experience and understanding of the laws applicable to Nigeria.
- Self-Motivated and exceptional ability to work independently
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills in an intense operational environment
- Excellent Planning and Organizing Skills. Have a flare for numbers, work well with people, aggressively anticipate impacts of workload/issues to team deadlines and have a very positive work attitude including willing to work longer hours during peak periods.
- Strong ability to manage multiple tasks to completion at the same time.
- Team working ability to enable effective interaction with and motivation of other team members, including peers and senior management.
Application Closing Date
22nd April, 2022.