ActionAid Nigeria recruitment & employment portal 2022 is now open. Interested candidates should submit their CV via the email address below. This job vacancy is open to all qualified candidates.
ActionAid Nigeria (AA) is an anti-poverty agency that prioritizes work with people living in poverty and exclusion; promoting values and commitment in civil society, institutions and Governments with the aim of achieving structural changes in order to eradicate injustices and poverty in the world. ActionAid Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, an International Non-Governmental organization registered in The Netherlands with its headquarters in Johannesburg South Africa. ActionAid International works in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas. Join our careers team today, and be part of our success story.
ActionAid Nigeria Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Reporting to: Head of Finance
Line Management: None
Also Apply for: Guaranty Trust Holding Company Employment (4 Positions)
- The post holder will ensure maintenance of adequate financial integrity in supporting quality and timely data input for generation of financial reports, review and analyze accounting ledgers.
- S/he will also contribute to strengthening the internal control and accounting systems of ActionAid Nigeria and partner organizations.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports as required by the project
- Attend to project specific internal/external audit
- Work with the Head of Finance on the financial planning processes of the long term (three-year planning) and short term (annual budgeting) plans that feed into the National Plans.
- Work with other members of the project team in planning and forecasting
- Follow through ActionAid Nigeria’s communication procedures with donor and implementing partners
- Strictly adhere to AA Nigeria policies and procedures and observance with agreement or donor Memorandum of Understanding (MoU)
- Support Implementing partners organisations’ grant management process
- Provide organizational development support to Implementing partner organisations
- Support capacity assessment, financial and accounting processes review, and prepare reports on partner organizations as may be assigned by the Head of Finance
- Provide financial support to fundraising and proposal writing for the organisation
- Monitor and review staff advances, retirements, and post hold journals
- Responsible for reconciliation of projects, bank accounts and other assigned ledgers
- Any other duties as assigned by line manager and Management.
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: Entire AAN staff
- External: AAN Partners, donors and other stakeholders.
Also Apply for: Airtel Nigeria Recruitment (8 Positions)
- First Degree in Accounting / Finance
- Relevant accounting professional certification
- At least three (3) years post NYSC experience, which should have been spent in a finance position.
- Experience in implementing financial control systems
- Sound practical knowledge of any accounting software and Spreadsheets
- Development sector experience as a finance person.
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- High sense of Integrity
- Ability to work well with minimal supervision
- Ability to interface effectively with other members of staff and solve problems using own initiative.
- Knowledge of SUN accounting software
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- A person of integrity, creative and takes initiative
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times.
- A self-motivated person able to work without close supervision.
- Able to effectively promote AAN’s mission values, and objectives.
ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment.
Application Closing Date
3rd October, 2022.
Also Apply for: Alpha Mead Group Recruitment (9 Positions)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should complete the Application Form below and send in an MS Word attachment to: Vacancy.Nigeria@actionaid.org using the Job Title and Location (e.g “Finance Officer – Maiduguri”) as the subject of the email.
- Only electronically submitted forms will be considered. Submitted or Scanned CVs will be disregarded.
- Applications from women and candidates from the North East and North West are particularly encouraged.
- However, applications will be reviewed on rolling basis as received. While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.
- ActionAid is committed to preventing any form of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse (including child abuse and adult at-risk abuse) in line with our Child Safeguarding policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse; and Sexual Harassment, Exploitation and Abuse at Work Policy and Overarching SHEA and Safeguarding Policy; as well as our zero-tolerance approach to Safeguarding concerns.