Save the Children Nigeria recruitment & employment portal 2022 is now open interested candidates. This Save the Children Nigeria job vacancy is open to all qualified candidates.
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease. Join Save the Children Nigeria careers team today, and be part of our success story.
Save the Children Nigeria Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Archivist
Job ID: 220005M9
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Team / Programme: Nigeria Country Office
Contract Length: 12months
- Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
Also Apply for: Citibank Nigeria Recruitment (2 Positions)
Scope Of Role:
- Reports to: Finance Officer
- Reporting to: None
Key Areas Of Accountability
Roles – Documentation and Archiving:
- Operate filing, storage, and retrieval systems for all financial documents including their supporting documents both hard and soft copy.
- Scanning finance documents ensures using each activities compliance checklist for documents completeness before the package is scanned and archived.
- Maintain a separate file for payroll and other tax documents to provide evidence of our compliance with tax and other legislative requirements within the Country.
- Upon receiving an authorized request, presents the required documents/vouchers to Finance and Other Departments on time and ensure that they are returned to their original storage location at a predetermined time.
- Manage logbook for incoming and outgoing documents and their details (i.e. who is borrowing, time and date, and expected the document will be returned back)
- Review and receive all Field office financial and project documents; properly and systematically label them and store them safely.
- Comply with all documentation policies, standards, and processes
- Perform any other financial tasks as assigned by the supervisor or delegate.
- Ensure that all financial files and transaction supporting documents are kept properly in a professional filling system and office correspondences are dealt with on time.
- Regularly check sequential integrity and properly file finance documents.
- Properly file financial documents of partner financial documents.
- File financial documents for both hardcopy and soft copy after stamping paid stamp sequentially.
- Manages own time to achieve departmental objectives.
- Provide support function to all projects to retrieve documents that are audited by the internal and external auditors.
Audit Facilitation Support:
- Facilitate internal and external audits and other checking through timely retrieval and presentation of financial documents
- Support Finance in scanning documents and submission to auditors in clearing and closing audit queries
- Filling back all documents retrieved for audit
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
Also Apply for: Apearl Premier Private School Recruitment (3 Positions)
Qualifications and Experience
Administrative & General Skills:
- Graduate Degree / Diploma in Accounting / Finance / Economics / Business Administration or other relevant academic discipline with minimum 1 year working experience in office support or related role
- Extensive experience in audit support
- Good attention to detail and analytical skills
- Computer literate (i.e., WORD, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer).
- Cultural awareness and ability to build relationships quickly with a wide variety of people
- Patient, adaptable, flexible, able to improvise and remain responsive and communicate clearly and effectively under pressure
Behaviours (Values in Practice):
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
Also Apply for: Sujimoto Construction Limited Recruitment (7 Positions)
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
- We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety:
- The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
- We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated.
- We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Application Closing Date
4th August, 2022.
Also Apply for: Novarick Homes and Properties Limited Recruitment (3 Positions)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Save the Children is committed to ensuring that all our personnel and programmes are absolutely safe for children.
- We undertake rigorous procedures to ensure that only people suitable to work with children are allowed to join our organization and all candidates will, therefore, be subject to this scrutiny.
- We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
- Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as it is contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
- Due to the volume of applications received, Save the Children may not provide feedback to all applicants. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as applications will be reviewed as received. Save the Children reserves the right to change the closing date, if considered necessary.