Shell Petroleum Development Company recruitment & employment portal 2022 is now open for interested candidates. This job vacancy is open to all qualified candidates.
>>Click here to see latest SSCE, OND or NCE jobs available.
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is one of the world’s leading energy companies. Shell plays a key role in helping to meet the world’s growing energy demand in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways. Shell Petroleum Development Company has a history of over 50 years in Nigeria and the largest footprint of all the international oil and gas companies operating in the country. Shell Petroleum Development Company has been active in Nigeria since 1937. Shell companies and investments have played a pioneering role in onshore, shallow and deep water oil exploration and production. Shell has also been at the forefront of gas development, producing and delivering gas to domestic consumers and export markets for over 40 years. Join Shell Petroleum Development Company careers team today, and be part of our success story.
>>Click here to SEE LATEST JOB VACANCIES IN NIGERIA TODAY, Monday 20, March 2023
Shell Petroleum Development Company Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Advisor
Reference ID: R95089
Experience level: Experienced Professionals
Slot: 3 Openings
Also Apply for: PZ Cussons Employment (10 Positions)
- Shell Nigeria Business Operations (SNBO) is recruiting several Finance Advisor roles that support different parts of the Business as the core of the role. Additionally, these roles are also part of the Finance Advisor pool where projects are allocated based on business opportunities/projects and individual development needs. The roles are:
- Finance Advisor Accounts Payable
- Assistant Finance Controller
- Finance Advisor- Bonga South West Aparo (BSWA)
- Additionally, there are some roles specific to Treasury management, of funding requirements, and financial reporting. Relevant banking experience will be desirable.
Where you Fit In:
- Our Shared Service Centre, Shell Nigeria Business Operations (SNBO) is focused on driving operational excellence in process management with roles in Functional Operations and Advisory.
- We enable Shell Exploration and Production Companies in Nigeria to operate competitively in a dynamic business environment. We are looking for high performing, experienced and skilled individuals with the drive to create significant business impact.
What’s the role?
- Finance Advisors serve as the face of Finance for opportunities or challenges prioritized based on value and risk across Shell Companies in Nigeria.
- They are responsible for the delivery of Finance capability required to support a set of clearly defined business outcomes across multiple activities/assets, leveraging cutting edge technology to deliver. It requires laser sharp attention to detail coupled with an ability to zoom out and see the big picture.
Also Apply for: Dunn and Braxton Limited Recruitment (3 Positions)
- Deliver the full suite of Finance support autonomously and coordinate the involvement of finance specialists including tax, treasury, accounting and commercial finance.
- Independently ensure that a proper functioning control framework is in place and that risks are properly understood, reflected and managed.
- Independently ensure value and risks are made transparent and understood in both decision making and in performance management.
- Ensure a fit for purpose performance management system is in place.
- In activities where Finance Operations and the Business act together to deliver, the Advisor will lead/initiate structural improvement projects with clear accountabilities for own and team delivery.
- Actively look for opportunities to reduce non-value adding Finance activity (e.g. demand management).
- Engage external stakeholders on finance elements for cost approvals.
- The Assistant Finance Controller will be focused on Shell’s Nigeria pension funds. This role will lead the preparation and submission of monthly statutory financial statements to the pension regulator (PenCom), co-ordinating the annual statutory financial audits and maintaining oversight on the administration of the Thrift and Loan Fund.
- He/she contributes to the development and implementation of financial/operational strategy and budgets for SNCPFA and the property team and supports the monitoring of control systems designed to preserve investment property assets.
- The right candidate will act in the absence of the SNCPFA Finance Controller.
- The role’s accountabilities are Treasury Management, Accounting & Reporting, Financial Controls & Risk Management, and Business Performance Management.
Also Apply for: Deep Blue Energy Services Limited Recruitment (6 Positions)
What we need from you?
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum of 4 years post-graduation work experience in accounting or Finance Advisor roles.
- Professional Accounting Qualification such as ACA, ACCA, CIMA.
- Business performance management.
- Management Information and reporting (Use of SAP and Business Warehouse or other ERP and MI systems).
- Financial Accounting and Controlling.
- Experience in Audit practice and/or Assurance services.
- Finance process excellence.
- Project Management lead experience.
- For Treasury Advisor role – relevant banking experience including but not limited to Treasury operations, corporate finance, project Finance.
- A deep understanding of the impact of external trends and competition and its impact on the Oil & Gas Business.
- Stakeholder management and negotiation skills – Ability to boldly challenge the Business/Function to think through strategic issues and value opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, articulate, initiate and deliver high-impact value propositions, overcoming political and organizational barriers.
- Initiation of or participation in cross-Business/Function and/or external collaborative efforts that significantly benefit the bottom line.
- Logical yet innovative approach to problem solving.
- Working in a multinational corporation.
- Should be excellent team players with demonstrated ability to contribute positively to team dynamics, with a balanced focus on delivery, development and personal life.
- Must have high ethical standards, integrity, a personal culture of maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information and of compliance to organizational policies and procedures.
Application Closing Date
Also Apply for: Renmoney Recruitment (6 Positions)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online