United Bank for Africa Plc recruitment & employment portal 2022 is now open for interested candidates. This job vacancy in Nigeria is open to all qualified candidates.
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of is a leading Pan-African financial institutions with a worldwide footprint. Our major aim is to be the number one choice for African businesses by creating superior value for all our stakeholders. Our operations spread across 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organization founded in 1949 in Nigeria, United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally. Join United Bank for Africa Plc careers team today, and be part of our success story.
United Bank for Africa Plc Employment is for the position below:
Job Title: FCY Treasury Control Officer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Permanent
- To build a strong audit and compliance environment to ensure zero level fraud, value for money, and zero infractions to policies; provide compliance counselling, advisory and decision support services to business units and strategic resource functions.
Also Apply for: Apearl Premier Private School Recruitment (3 Positions)
- Daily review of GL with special focus on FX TROPS accounts.
- Daily monitoring of Open Position Limit (OPL).
- Daily review of Trading (Local and 3rd currency Trading) and counterparty limit adherence.
- Daily confirmation of FX trading deals with the counterparties through MT 300 in SWIFT.
- Daily review of FX trading deals vis-à-vis blotter, Finacle Treasury and NOSTRO account statement to ensure that all mature deals are settled through our NOSTRO accounts.
- Daily review of FCY Money Market Blotter and ensure same agreed with the bank GL.
- Daily call over of TROPS FCY transactions.
- Daily review of FX Funds Transfer (remittance) outflow and inflow.
- Review of Critical Exception Report with special preference TROPS Transactions.
- Daily reconciliation of position accounts via GL/Blotter for various currencies (USD, GBP, EUR, JPY, ZAR etc.)
- Resolution of open items in GL/Blotter position reconciliation.
- Periodic spot check on correspondent banking unit activities which include but are not limited to risk participation.
- Monthly review of proof of accounts and provisioning.
- Logging of exceptions on ICEM.
- Closure of Exception in ICEM.
Also Apply for: Novarick Homes and Properties Limited Recruitment (3 Positions)
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any field.
- Must have 2 – 5 years of relevant experience.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Comprehensive Banking Operations
- Comprehensive Treasury Knowledge
- Comprehensive Capital Market Knowledge
- Fraud and Operational Risk knowledge
- Banking, Insurance and financial services knowledge
- Extensive Working Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Intranet Mailing facility and the core banking application (Finacle) of the bank.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Analytical and Investigation Skills.
- Auditing and Accounting Skills.
- General Multi Corporate Finance and Financial Strategy Skills.
- Policy and Regulation interpretation/ implementation.
- Conceptual Skills.
- Corporate Performance Management Skills
- Our ideal candidate must have knowledge of banking operations and control functions. Must be analytical with good oral and written communication, and have a good audit and accounting skills.
What we expect from you:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain an excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What you should expect from us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Application Closing Date
5th August, 2022.
Also Apply for: Kuddy Cosmetics Employment (4 Positions)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online