Apply for the ongoing European Investment Bank Job Recruitment 2022 via our latest job vacancies & employment portal. This European Investment Bank job opening is available to all qualified candidates.
The European Investment Bank is the European Union’s investment bank and is owned by the EU Member States. It is one of the largest supranational lenders in the world.
Monday 30th May 2022
The EIB, the European Union’s bank is seeking to recruit for its Financial Control Directorate (FC) – Internal Controls and Assertion Division (ICA) – ICF – Financial Instruments and Mandates (LEN) at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a (Senior) Internal Controls Officer*. This is a full-time position at grade 5/6.
The term of this contract will be 4 years.
Panel interviews are anticipated for June 2022.
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
(*) Internally referred to as (Senior) Officer
The (Senior) Internal Controls Officer will join the 2nd line of defence of the bank to monitor the appropriate implementation and maintenance of the ICF across all Directorates in the Bank. You will develop and maintain the common platform and/or methodology to assess and report to EIB’s Senior Management on control risks. You will support the implementation of a coherent and process driven Internal Control Framework covering key activities and risks of the Bank, providing a significant contribution to the management of the Bank’s operational risks and its new product approval processes. You will be dedicated to the identification and pre-emption of operational risk through proactive approach to the Internal Control Framework and execute regular assessment actions to evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of the internal control framework.
You will be entrusted with the implementation of transversal projects impacting EIB’s control environment and implicating several DGs.
The (Senior) Internal Controls Officer reports to the Head of Financial Instruments and Mandates UNIT (ICF). The position requires regular contacts with all services across the Bank including those involved in internal control frameworks, operational risks, assertions and new products.
- Develop, improve and implement the EIB’s Internal Controls Framework and ensure the alignment with applicable standards and methodologies in order to guarantee that that key processes are run in an effective and efficient way.
- Develop standards, methodologies, documentation and tools required for the maintenance and monitoring of EIB’s Internal Controls Framework.
- Drive, propose and develop new initiatives based on best practice as well as taking responsibility for pro-active identification of potential improvements needs regarding ICF practices.
- Produce presentations and reports regarding operational effectiveness of the internal control environment in order to illustrate its impact on the Bank’s control mechanisms and processes.
- Implement regular ICF awareness raising actions on the importance of ICF.
- Develop and maintains constructive relationships & network within the bank in order to ensure that appropriate internal collaboration and communication are maintained.
- Establish regular ICF’s maintenance initiatives and run key operational processes in the most effective and efficient way.
- Maintain a central repository of key controls and development of key risks indicators in order to increase efficiency and coherency of internal workflows.
- Implement periodic ICF monitoring reviews (control design and operating effectiveness.
- Advise on verification processes for the effective execution of controls and follow-up on control enhancements identified.
- Coordinate the issuance of assertion and representation letters (internal and external).
- Continuously review quality of processes and day to work and advise other FC/ICA team members in order to align EIB with best practice.
- Provide guidance to more junior colleagues in the team.
- Keep up to date with latest developments and trends regarding ICF.
- University degree, ideally in Finance, Economics, Business Administration or any related subject
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience, conducting similar responsibilities, preferably gained in a major financial institution, with exposure on areas such as internal control frameworks, internal processes, operational risks and internal audits
- Previous experience as an Internal Auditor or Consultant in the banking sector would be a distinct advantage
- Previous experience with GRC tools/platforms use and/or implementation will be a distinctive advantage
- Strong banking experience with specific expertise in Financing operations, including Equity and Quasi Equity will be an advantage
- Strong presentation skills and resilience
- Proficient report writing skill (English)
- Strong advisor profile demonstrating autonomy and keen to take initiatives
- Excellent knowledge of standard office tools
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and a good command of French (*)
- Knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage
Find out more about EIB core competencies here
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank’s working languages
We are an equal opportunities employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. We encourage all suitably qualified and eligible candidates to apply regardless of their gender identity/expression, age, racial, ethnic and cultural background, religion and beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, disability or neurodiversity.
Applicants with specific needs are encouraged to request reasonable accommodations at any stage during the recruitment process. Please contact the EIB Recruitment team Jobs@eib.org who will ensure that your request is handled.
By applying for this position you acknowledge the importance of maintaining the security and integrity of the Information of the EIB Group. In case of selection for the position you agree to comply with all measures (policies, controls, document classification and management) implemented by the EIB Group to prevent unauthorized disclosure of any information or any damage to the EIB Group reputation.
Deadline for applications: 30th May 2022
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you