British High Commission recruitment & employment portal 2022 is now open for interested candidates. This British High Commission job vacancy is open to all qualified candidates.
British High Commission Nigeria (BHC) monitors the political situation in Nigeria and seek to strengthen the bilateral relationship. The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow. Join British High Commission Nigeria careers team today, and be part of our success story.
British High Commission Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Entry Clearance Assistant AA
Job ID: 26/22 LOS
Duration of Post: 3 months
Type of Position: Fixed Term
Working hours per week: 37 hours
Grade: Administrative Assistant (AA)
Type of Post: British Deputy High Commission
Job Subcategory: UKVI (UK Visas and Immigration)
Job Category: Other British Government Departments (Partners across Government, including UK Visas)
Start Date: 1st September, 2022
Also Apply for: Jumia Nigeria Recruitment (10 Positions)
Main Purpose of Job
- Print visas according to manifests sent from the UK decision-making teams.
- Assure the security and integrity of visa writing processes according to UKVI policy and guidance
- Dispatch decisions according to manifests sent from the UK decision-making teams, whilst assuring security and integrity according to UKVI policy and guidance
- Manage the content, security and integrity of the passport bank to assure an organised and efficient storage process according to guidance
Roles and Responsibilities
What will the jobholder be expected to achieve?
- Process the printing of documents for cases sent by the UK decision-making teams;
- Book Visa Application Centre appointments and provide support to key stakeholders. Ensure all facilitations/Note Verbale applications are processed and recorded accurately;
- Take responsibility to resolve enquiries from TLS, internal and external stakeholders;
- Manage the content, security and integrity of the passport bank to assure an organised and efficient process according;
- Receive, record and follow through to resolve all overturned cases, by commenting on CRS and dispatching to the VAC in line with agreed procedures;
- Manage the dispatch process and resolve any complaints or service failures to the VAC, and escalate ongoing problems to a Team Leader;
- Perform other ad-hoc duties at special request to support British High Commission and UKVI business delivery
Also Apply for: Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria Employment (2 Positions)
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working in a visa office or international company. Excellent standard of IT and written English
Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Previous and recent experience (within 2 years) working in a visa production office
- Changing and Improving, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace, Working Together.
NGN 317,764.81 / Month.
Other benefits and conditions of employment
Learning and development opportunities (and any specific training courses to be completed):
- Due to the temporary nature of the role, there are limited learning and development opportunities available to the successful applicant.
- An analysis of training needs will be discussed between the successful candidate and line manager.
Application Closing Date
26th July, 2022.
Also Apply for: WTS Energy Recruitment (8 Positions)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Additional Information and Notice
- Applicants who have met the minimum requirements for this role, but not offered a position may be held on records and invited for future vacancies that may become available within 3 months of the closing date of this application.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Lagos are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to:
- Obtain the relevant permit
- Pay fees for the permit
- Make arrangements to relocate
- Meet the costs to relocation
- Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary may have their salaries reduced by the equivalent local income tax amount.
- Information about the Civil Service Success Profiles can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/success-profiles
- Please note: AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
- The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.