>>Click Here To See TOP COMPANIES RECRUITING IN NIGERIA TODAY, Wednesday 07, June 2023
About Mercy Corps Nigeria:
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action – helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future. See more Mercy Corps Nigeria Job vacancies Here >>
>>Click here to see LATEST SSCE / GCE / OND / NCE JOB OPENINGS
Mercy Corps Nigeria recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Engagement of Community Health Mentor / Facilitator
Employment Type: Contract
Also Apply For Ecobank Nigeria Recruitment (4 Positions)
- Girls Improving Resilience through Livelihoods + Health (GIRL-H) is a Mercy Corps-implemented program targeting adolescent girls, boys, and young people in Kenya, Uganda, Haiti and Nigeria.
- The programme aims to improve girls’ well-being by increasing their access to and uptake of life skills, health information, basic numeracy and literacy, and financial literacy, as well as foster pathways to formal education, economic opportunities, and civic engagement.
- The Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights component is embedded within the GIRL-H program to create an enabling environment by working with communities to transform unhealthy social norms and increase access to SRHR knowledge, products and services.
- To ensure that the adolescent and young people’s wellbeing is improved in Nigeria
The objectives of the GIRL-H SRHR program include:
- Increase awareness and knowledge on SRHR services and products among the participants
- Create an enabling environment where adolescents and young people can freely access SRHR services and products
- Increase the uptake of SRHR services and products among adolescents and young people aged 10-24 years
SRHR Program Components
- To address the sexual and reproductive health issues, GIRL-H will use the Socio-Ecological model as its fundamental foundational approach.
- In addition, the SRHR implementation will integrate various strategies such as Advocacy, Community Engagement, Capacity building, outreach services, and research for a flexible approach to meet differing youth needs. The following diagram explains the different outcome level of the program.
Also Apply For TradeDepot Employment (3 Positions)
The safe space mentor will:
- Be responsible for coordinating, monitoring, supervising, reporting on the activities of safe space.
- Ensure that safe space activities are conducted.
- Ensure that safe space attendance is taken after each session.
- Attend, submit monthly report to SRHR Consultant and provide feedback during monthly review meeting.
- Ensure proper handling and safety of materials such as SRHR Curriculum and other safe space learning materials.
- Ensure proper recording of information of the participants into the M&E tools.
- Conduct other activities as required by SRHR Consultant.
Qualities and Criteria for Selection
A safe space SRHR mentor:
- Candidates should possess an HND / OND qualification with at least 1 year work experience.
- Must experience of handling of girls’ and boys’ relevant health issues and cases.
- Must be seen as role models in the community.
- Must be proficient in the use of English and Hausa Languages.
- Must be resident within the LGA of intervention (Fagge, Dala, Tarauni, Ungogo, Kombotso).
- Must be able to relate well/mentor girls, boys, and youths.
- Must be above 18 years of age.
- Current or former Community health workers such as nurses, CHEWs, Midwife, health, and Hygiene workers etcetera are strongly encouraged.
- The application is open for both male and female qualified community health workers.
Additional Requirements (after recruitment):
- Must be trained by consultant and sign on the Child Safeguarding and Do No harm Policies.
- Two (2) references must attest about her (a religious leader and another community leader within the LGA).
Application Closing Date
30th March, 2023.
Also Apply For J-Six Group Recruitment (7 Positions)
How To Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.