United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in the world’s dangerous places to reach out to the most disadvantaged children and adolescents. Our aim is to save their lives, defend their rights, and help them fulfill purpose. In more than 190 countries and territories of our coverage, we do whatever it takes to help children survive, thrive and fulfill their potential, from early childhood through adolescence. Before, during and after charitable emergencies, United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund UNICEF has been in existence, providing lifesaving support and hope to children and families. We are never unbiased in the issues of defending children’s rights and safeguarding their lives and futures. See more UNICEF Job vacancies Here >>
>>Click Here To See TOP COMPANIES RECRUITING IN NIGERIA TODAY, Wednesday 07, June 2023
UNICEF Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Education Officer
Job No: 560864
Contract Type: Fixed Term Appointment
Also Apply For Polaris Bank Limited Employment (3 Positions)
- The efficiency and efficacy of support provided by the Education Officer to programme preparation, planning and implementation, contributes to the achievement of sustainable results to improve learning outcomes and universal access to quality, equitable and inclusive education.
- Success in education programmes and projects in turn contribute to maintaining and enhancing the credibility and ability of UNICEF to provide programme services for mothers and children that promotes greater social equality in the country.
How Can You Make a Difference?
UNICEF Nigeria is seeking an Education Officer (NO-2) to be based in Kaduna, Nigeria. Specifically, the Education Officer will be responsible for the following:
Support to Programme Development and Planning:
- Contribute to the preparation and updating of the situation analysis for the development, design and management of education related programmes/projects. Research and report on development trends (economic, social, health etc.) and data for use in programme development, management, monitoring, evaluation and delivery of results.
- Contribute to the development and establishment of sectoral programme goals, objectives and strategies and results-based planning through research, collection, analysis and reporting of education and other related information for development planning and goal setting.
- Provide technical and administrative support throughout all stages of programming processes by executing and administering a variety of technical programme transactions, preparing materials and documentations, and complying with organizational processes and management systems, to support programme planning, results based planning (RBM) and monitoring and evaluation of results.
Programme Management, Monitoring and Delivery of Results:
- Work closely and collaboratively with internal colleagues and partners to collect, analyze and share information on implementation issues.
- Suggest solutions on routine programme implementation and submit reports to alert appropriate officials and stakeholders for higher-level intervention and/or decisions. Keep record of reports and assessments for easy reference and/or to capture and institutionalize lessons learned.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, programme reviews and annual sectoral reviews with government and other counterparts and prepare minutes/reports on results for follow up action by higher management and other stakeholders.
- Monitor and report on the use of sectoral programme resources (financial, administrative and other assets), verify compliance with approved allocation, organizational rules, regulations/procedures and donor commitments, standards of accountability and integrity. Report on issues identified to ensure timely resolution by management/stakeholders. Follow up on unresolved issues to ensure resolution.
- Prepare draft inputs for programme/donor reporting.
Also Apply For Kuda Bank Recruitment (9 Positions)
Technical and Operational Support to Programme Implementation:
- Undertake field visits and surveys and share information with stakeholders to assess progress and refer to relevant officials for resolution. Report on critical issues, bottlenecks and potential problems for timely action to achieve results.
- Provide technical and operational support to government counterparts, NGO partners, UN system partners and other country office partners/donors on the application and understanding of UNICEF policies, strategies, processes and best practices on education related issues to support programme implementation, operations and delivery of results.
Networking and Partnership Building:
- Build and sustain effective close working partnerships with government counterparts and national stakeholders through active sharing of information and knowledge to facilitate programme implementation and build capacity of stakeholders to achieve and sustain results on education programmes.
- Draft communication and information materials for CO programme advocacy to promote awareness, establish partnerships and alliances, and support fund raising for education programmes.
- Participate in appropriate inter-agency (UNCT) meetings and events on programming to collaborate with inter-agency partners on UNDAF operational planning and preparation of education programmes/projects and to integrate and harmonize UNICEF’s position and strategies with the UNDAF development and planning process.
- Research information on potential donors and prepare resource mobilization materials and briefs for fund raising and partnership development purposes.
Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building:
- Contribute to identifying, capturing, synthesizing, and sharing lessons learned for knowledge development and capacity development of stakeholders.
- Apply innovative approaches and promote good practice to support the implementation and delivery of concrete and sustainable programme results.
- Research and report on best and cutting edge practices for development planning of knowledge products and systems.
- Participate as a resource person in capacity building initiatives to enhance the competencies of clients/stakeholders.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- A University Degree in one of the following fields is required: Education, Psychology, Sociology or another relevant technical field.
- A minimum of two (2) years of professional experience in programme planning, management, and/or research in education is required.
- Experience working in a developing country is considered as an asset.
- Strong communication skills (oral and verbal) is required.
- Ability to work independently and in a team in required.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate:
- UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability and Sustainability (CRITAS) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: UNICEF Values
UNICEF competencies required for this post are:
- (1) Builds and maintains partnerships (2) Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness (3) Drive to achieve results for impact (4) Innovates and embraces change (5) Manages ambiguity and complexity (6) Thinks and acts strategically (7) Works collaboratively with others.
- During the recruitment process, we test candidates following the competency framework. Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its different levels: competency framework here.
- We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks and reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements.
Application Closing Date
19th April, 2023 (W. Central Africa Standard Time).
Also Apply For PricewaterhouseCoopers Nigeria Recruitment (2 Positions)
How To Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- UNICEF is committed to promote the protection and safeguarding of all children. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
- Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
- UNICEF’s active commitment towards diversity and inclusion is critical to deliver the best results for children. For this position, eligible and suitable women are encouraged to apply.
- UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Issuance of a visa by the host country of the duty station, which will be facilitated by UNICEF, is required for IP positions. Appointments are also subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid). Government employees that are considered for employment with UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before taking up an assignment with UNICEF. UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if a visa or medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.