Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. See more Danish Refugee Council Job vacancies Here >>
>>See TOP COMPANIES RECRUITING IN NIGERIA TODAY, Thursday 01, June 2023
Danish Refugee Council Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Economic Recovery (EcRec) Coordinator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno with frequent field visits and travel to CO in Abuja
Type of Contract: Expatriate
Duration: 12 months
Line Manager: Head of Programme (HoP)
Technical Line Manager: Regional EcRec Coordinator
Area of Operation: Northeast regions Borno, Yobe and Adamawa (with a possible extension to Northwest regions 2023)
Also Apply for Dangote Group Job Recruitment (22 Positions)
- DRC has been operating in West Africa since 1998. The DRC West Africa, North Africa, and Latin America Regional Office is based in Dakar, Senegal, and covers twelve countries outside of Senegal.
- DRC has been operational and delivering life-saving assistance to displaced and conflict-affected communities in Nigeria since 2015. DRC Nigeria maintains a strong presence across Borno, Adamawa, and Yobe states in North-East Nigeria through a representative office in Abuja, a coordination office in Yola, main field bases in Mubi and Maiduguri, and five satellite/deep field bases in Michika in Adamawa state and in Ngala, Bama and Mafa in Borno state covering a total of 13 local government areas. DRC’s portfolio expansion into other areas is currently under consideration.
- DRC Nigeria implements several projects in its operational areas with ECREC components (with a focus on food security, livelihoods and financial inclusion) and other sectoral activities (protection WASH and shelter/NFIs) for which a protection mainstreaming approach is promoted.
- DRC Nigeria also implements a number of Cash and Voucher Assistance across sectors, which are under the responsibility of the ECREC team. We are looking for an experienced humanitarian professional with excellent knowledge in the economic recovery (ECREC) sector and project implementation skills to lead our ECREC strategic approach in Nigeria.
- The ECREC Coordinator works in close collaboration with the coordination team of DRC Nigeria based in Maiduguri and Abuja as well as the ECREC/programme teams based in the intervention areas.
The three primary objectives of the role are as follows:
- Provide technical support to operational teams through capacity building and close coaching/monitoring of programme implementation for all ECREC activities across the three ECREC core sectors food security, livelihoods, and financial inclusion,
- Provide technical support to operational teams through capacity building and close coaching/monitoring of programme implementation for all cash and voucher assistance (CVA) activities and market systems approaches (MSA) across DRC’s sectors.
- Supervise the development and implementation of the Country ECREC strategy and support capacity and portfolio development.
Duties & Responsibilities
Coordination and representation:
- Collaborate with relevant internal and external technical experts on ECREC, CVA, MSA and other related issues
- Represent DRC at relevant coordination meetings and clusters/working groups
- Ensure good representation and reputation of ECREC sector at all levels
- Disseminate information internally on sector-wide developments at country level
- Keep abreast of relevant activities implemented by other organisations in Nigeria and ensure complementarity of DRC’s interventions, and assess possibilities of collaboration with HoP
- Coordinate with DRC counterparts in other countries of the region and beyond and take active part in DRC internal workshops and events organised on topics related to the ECREC sector
General programming & operations:
- Develop/update Country ECREC Strategy and disseminate to field teams
- Ensure the monitoring and technical supervision of quality of ECREC interventions
- Provide support to Programme Managers in implementing ECREC components of programme while ensuring respect of project proposal/log frame, budget, workplan and MEAL plan
- Develop/update standard operating procedures (SOPs) to guide implementation of ECREC interventions
- Conduct evaluation of needs in capacity building and training of programme/ECREC teams and deliver appropriate trainings/development training curriculum
- Support quality data collection and management for ECREC data through close collaboration with MEAL teams
- Provide support to field teams in strengthening capacity of partner CSOs and government ministries, departments and agencies (MDAs)
- Ensure quality and compliance with minimum standards in the implementation of ECREC activities (DRC’s and global guidance/standards)
- Ensure adaptive transfer value based on social safety nets value and/or MEB for DRC’s cash transfers
Also Apply for Promasidor Nigeria Job Recruitment (4 Positions)
- Lead on the development of proposals for ECREC activities in coordination with Area Managers, Programme Managers, other Technical Coordinators and the Head of Programme
- Assist in developing programme workplans and budgets for new proposals
- Contribute to the development of programme monitoring tools for ECREC activities and ensure capturing of lessons learned
- Ensure new proposals respect international and national food security/early recovery cluster and cash working group standards, DRC ECREC guidance and other global best practices
- Ensure that DRC ECREC interventions are aligned with the government ministries, departments and agencies (MDAs) strategiesSupport the HoP and CD in donor relationship management to obtain new funding for DRC’s programming in Nigeria
- Provide inputs into programme reports
As coordinator, the post-holder is responsible for the following:
- Responsible for coordinating country ECREC strategic approaches and portfolio development activities, including ECREC advocacy and partnerships engagements
- Responsible for supporting the programme quality of ECREC operations within Nigeria
- Technical line management responsibility towards the ECREC teams in the field (no budget responsibility). Coordinating within a matrix organization, for example with functional line managers
- Collaboration and coordination with Regional ECREC Coordinator and contribute to regional and global ECREC activities
- Any other ad hoc tasks upon request of HoP or CD, or by Regional ECREC Coordinator
- Master’s Degree in Political Science, International Development, Economic Studies or other relevant fields
- Any other relevant professional training
Essential Experience and Technical Expertise:
- At least 5 years of practical experience in the humanitarian sector and in the thematic areas of food security, livelihoods and financial inclusion
- Strong experience in implementing cash-based assistance interventions, across the entire project cycle
- Practical experience and up-to-date knowledge in:
- Concepts, methodologies and effective ways of supporting Economic Recovery in relation to key DRC activities, including ensuring protection mainstreaming and a rights-based approach
- Concepts, evaluation methodologies and design of cash-based assistance programmes
- Market assessment and analysis, ability to support the development of market-based programs
- Proven experience in programme planning and proposal development including budgeting
- Experience with providing direct and remote technical support to operational teams
- Experience in working with local partners, local authorities and other INGOs in consortium
- Understanding and driving current trends in the area of economic recovery: building self-sufficiency, graduation approach, private and public partnerships, and innovative approaches
- Full professional proficiency in English, including excellent writing skills (Hausa is appreciated but not required)
- Experience in facilitating training in the following sectors: VSLA, IGA including development of business plans, entrepreneurship, etc.
- Good understanding of the Nigerian context is an added value
Required Skills & Qualities:
- Core Competencies of DRC:
- Striving for excellence
- Taking the lead
- Demonstrating Integrity
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment
- Excellent writing, proof-reading, and communication skills
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Strong ability to adapt, take initiative and work in a multicultural environment
- Interest for humanitarian sector and donor’s environment
- Listening, analytical and synthesis skills
- Excellent communication skills, as well as patience and politeness
- Exemplary sense of ethics in the workplace.
- The employee shall follow DRC instructions on safety, confidentiality and ethical guidelines, including the Code of Conduct and the Humanitarian Accountability Framework
- Employee should not engage in any other paid activity during the DRC contract period without prior authorization
- Employee should not engage in any activity that could harm DRC or the implementation of any project during the DRC contract period
- Employee should not give interviews to the media or publish project-related photos or other material without prior authorization
- Employee shall return all borrowed equipment for the project to DRC after the end of the contract period or upon request
Salary & Benefits
Non-Management G – Level 1
Application Closing Date
5th June, 2023 at 11:59 P.M GMT
Also Apply for Renmoney Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
How To Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applicants must send a Cover Letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English.
- DRC provides equal opportunity in employment and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
- DRC encourages all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after this date will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, DRC has the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above date.
- Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and interviews may take place before closure of the advert.