British Council Recruitment portal is now open for interested candidates. This British Council job vacancy is open to all qualified candidates.
The British Council is the UK’s international organization that promote cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We achieve this by making positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust. We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Join British Council careers team today, and be part of our success story.
British Council Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver – RoLAC
Location: Abuja / Lagos
Pay band: K
Contract Type: Fixed Term (Till July 2022)
Alternative locations the role could be based: Lagos, Nigeria
- The post holder will be responsible for providing safe, secure and efficient transportation of personnel and resources and taking proper care of vehicles in accordance with the organisation’s policies and standards.
Main Accountabilities (but not limited to the following):
The appointed candidate will have the following accountabilities, responsibilities and main duties:
- Clearly providing timely communication regarding transport arrangements and any changes to transport users and the State Programme Coordinator.
- Raising advances relating to journeys and making retirements according to agreed time standards for same.
- To render transport assistance to officers and or consultants involved in programme delivery activities.
- To undertake logistical support to designated workshops, meetings and events according to stated requirements.
- Ensure vehicles are serviced in line with the service schedule and that periodic routine vehicle checks are made, and that defects and damage are reported promptly. Vehicles are clean and refuelled regularly.
- Daily internal and external maintenance checks on all programme vehicles to ensure all vehicles are roadworthy before the start of any journey.
- To assist in taking photographs in events and assembling newspaper and magazine clips where necessary and practical.
- To seek to understand the interdependencies and connections that the FCR programmes have with other organisations and manage such relationships within own work area.
- Excellent customer service delivery as the first point of contact to British Council visitors and colleagues at the airport.
- To ensure personal development on IT skills for wider administrative assistance.
- Regular Defensive Driver Training courses to be arranged by the British Council
- As with any business that experiences peaks and troughs of activity, there is likely to be a need to work outside office hours from time to time.
Role Specific Knowledge and Experience for British Council Recruitment
The successful candidate will need to possess the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- National Diploma or equivalent
- Intermediate level driving certificate
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a driver with an international organization
- Knowledge of traffic rules and road network in the region.
- Experience of working as part of a successful team/function
- Basic IT skills including word and excel.
- Advanced driving skills
- Customer services.
- Experience of work in an FCR project
- Basic mechanical knowledge
- Experience of operating in a complex, multi-cultural context.
Essential Requirements for British Council Recruitment:
- Role holder must have existing rights to live and work in the country the role is based.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
Additional Information for British Council Recruitment:
- Some unsocial hours, weekend work and travel may be required where the need arises.
- Knowledge of the security situation in the state is required as post holder may be required to make prompt decisions in close liaison with State Administrative officer and Operations Manager.
Also see: Airtel Nigeria Recruitment (8 Positions)
Application Closing Date for British Council Recruitment
11:59 pm 9th November, 2021.
How To Apply for British Council Recruitment
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you think this post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter or WhatsApp using the buttons below. Thank you
>>Click here to APPLY FOR THE LATEST JOB VACANCY IN NIGERIA