United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in the world’s dangerous places to reach out to the most disadvantaged children and adolescents. Our aim is to save their lives, defend their rights, and help them fulfill purpose. See more UNICEF Job vacancies Here >>
>>See TOP COMPANIES RECRUITING IN NIGERIA TODAY, Saturday 03, June 2023
UNICEF Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver, GS-2
Job No: 561695
Contract Type: Fixed Term Appointment
Also Apply For Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc Job Recruitment (6 Positions)
How Can You Make a Difference?
Key Functions & Accountabilities:
- Below is a list of Key functions & accountabilities expected of this role:
Reliable and safe driving services for staff and officials:
- Drives office vehicles for the transport of UN staff, officials, visitors and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items.
- Meets official personnel and visitors at the airport and may assist with basic visa and customs formalities and arrangements when required.
Maintenance of assigned vehicle:
- Ensures vehicle is kept in good running condition at all times through addressing minor repairs, making arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, water levels, and car washing.
Documentation of vehicle related information:
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle registration, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle; keeps track of insurance and other tax formalities.
Also Apply For Ringo Telecommunications Job Recruitment (8 Positions)
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- A Secondary Education is required, along with a valid driver’s license and knowledge of local driving rules and regulations.
- A minimum of two (2) years of work experience as a driver in an international organization, embassy or UN system with a safe driving record is required.
- Fluency of the local language of the duty station as well as proficiency in English is required.
Core Skills Required:
- Good knowledge of the city, local roads and conditions where the office is located
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies
- Skills in minor vehicle repairs
- Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with visitors
- High sense of confidentiality, initiative and good judgment
- Ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural background.
For every Child, you demonstrate:
- UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability and Sustainability (CRITAS) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: UNICEF Values
UNICEF competencies required for this post are:
- Builds and maintains partnerships
- Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness
- Drive to achieve results for impact.
- Innovates and embraces change.
- Manages ambiguity and complexity.
- Thinks and acts strategically
- Works collaboratively with others.
- During the recruitment process, we test candidates following the competency framework. Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its different levels: competency framework here.
- We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks and reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements.
Application Closing Date
18th May, 2023 (W. Central Africa Standard Time).
Also Apply For Montaigne Place Job Recruitment (6 Positions)
How To Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF is committed to promote the protection and safeguarding of all children. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
- UNICEF’s active commitment towards diversity and inclusion is critical to deliver the best results for children. For this position, eligible and suitable women are encouraged to apply.
- UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Issuance of a visa by the host country of the duty station, which will be facilitated by UNICEF, is required for IP positions. Appointments are also subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid). Government employees that are considered for employment with UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before taking up an assignment with UNICEF. UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if a visa or medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.