Jumia Nigeria is now recruiting for the position of Deputy Legal Counsel. Interested candidates should read details below and submit their CV via email address at the end of this page.
>>Click Here To See TOP COMPANIES RECRUITING IN NIGERIA TODAY, Sunday 05, February 2023
Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa with over 5,000 employees in more than 20 African countries. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. See more Jumia Nigeria Job vacancies Here >>
Jumia Nigeria Employment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Legal Counsel
Employment Type: Full-time
Also Apply for First City Monument Bank Recruitment
- As Deputy Legal Counsel, your responsibility would be to support the Legal Counsel, Head of Legal and Corporate Governance in giving legal advice to management on all relevant issues and to ensure that the company adheres strictly to all laws and guidelines with the sole aim of protecting the company’s reputation
- Proffer advice on legal and regulatory topics across the full range of transactions, mainly supporting Jumia Services.
- Advising on general business law issues and managing the legal issues of all areas of the company, including but not limited to corporate matters, procurement, safety, security, insurance and sustainability issues.
- Review, draft and negotiate various commercial agreements.
- Liaise with various regulatory bodies in getting necessary regulatory approvals.
- Liaise with external legal counsel in managing various litigation.
- Identify and mitigate potential legal risks.
- Liaise with various Law enforcement agencies including Nigeria Police, EFCC, DSS, Nigeria Customs, etc.
- Keep track of all Insurance cases and liaise with Insurance companies in the settlement of insurance claims.
- Ability to deliver high-quality work under deadlines
Also Apply for: First Bank of Nigeria Limited Employment
Qualifications & Experience
- LLB from a recognised and accredited University
- 3+ years of legal experience in a top law firm or corporate practice.
- A mix of professional experience as in-house legal counsel in a technology-related business and legal counsel in a top-tier law firm with international clients or other relevant private or public practice.
- Proven ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies.
- Litigation skills to handle administrative procedures within public authorities.
- Sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information
- Adequate knowledge of the eCommerce/Technology Industry
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced organization.
Application Closing Date
Also Apply for Digifigs Limited Job Recruitment
How To Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you