Dangote Group is one of the Nigerians most diversified and fully integrated business multinationals with an annual group income in excess of US$4 billion (2016) with vibrant operations in Nigeria and Africa, dealing with various products including cement, sugar, salt, condiments, packaging, energy, port operations, fertilizer, and petrochemicals. Our core business focus is to provide local, value-added products and services that meet the ‘day-to-day needs’ of the populace through the construction and operation of large scale manufacturing facilities in Nigeria and across Africa. We are focused on boosting local production capacity to generate employment, reduce capital flight and increase local value addition. See more Dangote Group Job vacancies Here >>
>>See TOP COMPANIES RECRUITING IN NIGERIA TODAY, Saturday 03, June 2023
Dangote Group recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Scientist
Employment Type: Contract
Department: Customer Success
Minimum Experience: Mid-level
- Develop the data pipelines to bring data from the various sources into central analytics database.
- Propose initiatives to capture additional data which can be leveraged for analytics.
- Identify opportunities for leveraging data to drive business solutions.
- Develop analytics solutions for business use as required.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyse model performance and data accuracy.
- Drive adoption of analytic solutions in order to ensure value realisation.
- End-to-end management of external consultants where external support is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a reputable institution
- Demonstrable technical competence via assessment exercises and project portfolio
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in a similar role, with at least three (3) years at middle management level
- Strong commercial awareness with the ability to identify opportunities and develop/grow existing businesses.
- In-depth understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislation across various industries
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical skills of Innovative and creative thinking
- Experience using statistical computer languages (Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modelling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests, and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: Power BI, Business Objects.
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
- Performance Bonus
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online