Apply for the ongoing DAI Job Recruitment 2022 via our latest job vacancies & employment portal. This DAI job opening is available to all qualified candidates.
DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.
DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner.
DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Location: Remote, D.C.
Experience: Mid Career
In part ners hip with Prosper Africa, Feed the Fut ure, and other initiatives, the USAID Africa Bureau, Africa Regional Missions, and the Middle East Bureau are j ointly establishing the Africa Trade and Investment (ATI) Activity. The purpose of this Activity is to mobili ze enterprise-driven sol uti ons that increase trade and investment in Africa, including North and Sub- Saharan Africa. It will strengthen Africa’s markets by developing new trade and investment relationships, particularly between the U.S. and Africa, and achieve development outcomes across all sectors in line with USAID’s Private Sector Engagement Policy and the USG Prosper Africa initiative.
Driven by market demand, the Activity will embrace innovative approaches to ac hieve its goals. The Activity is envisioned as a sm all, core set of centr ally coordinated technical and institutional support activities, and a large, flexible performance-based subcontr acting and grants under contr act facility designed to support the needs and opportunities that missions, and the private sector identify. The Activity will mobilize private sector r esources and expertise, in conjunction with other USG interag ency partners, resulting in the inc reased capacity, competitiveness and availability of busine sses, invest ors and intermediaries t hat will drive future trade and investment efforts on Africa’s Journey to Self-Reliance.
Overview of Job Description
The Senior Investment Advisor will be responsible for providing input and supporting the technical design, co-creation and implementation of ATI’s integrated trade and investment service offering. This will include but is not limited to technical input and support to: ATI’s continental and buy-in service offerings, the Prosper Africa Secretariat, interagency coordination and collaboration, and strategic partnership development,. The Senior Investment Advisor will work closely with the Chief of Party and Senior Technical Director(s) to develop a portfolio of activities for support.
- In collaboration with the ATI Senior Technical Directors, assist USAID bilateral/regional missions in program design, preparation and finalization of investment scopes of work as part of the ATI buy-in process.
- In collaboration with USAID/Africa Bureau and the Prosper Africa Secretariat, support coordination and collaboration with key interagency partners, such as (but not limited to) U.S. Development Finance Corporation (DFC), Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC), U.S. Trade and Development Agency, and U.S.-Africa Development Foundation (USADF). This may include identifying opportunities for collaboration, supporting the development and implementation of partnerships between interagency partners, and supporting information sharing.
- Support high-level, strategic private sector partnership development and implementation, including supporting design of windows/opportunities as well as co-creation with private sector entities.
- Advise on the design and implementation of ATI’s Continental activities aimed at increasing investment and developing strategic partnerships with U.S. companies and investors.
- In coordination with the Senior Technical Director – U.S., provide Prosper Africa Secretariat with advisory support on activities and partnerships to increase investment.
- Support ATI’s thought leadership and learning objectives, including shaping of the learning and thought leadership agenda(s) as well as dissemination.
- Provide other technical input and support to ATI, USAID and other stakeholders, as requested.
- Post graduate degree in international development, international relations, international finance, or relevant university degree that demonstrates complementarity to the scope of requirements.
- At least seven years demonstrated experience supporting, leading, designing, and/or supporting projects that contribute to investment/investment facilitation and private sector engagement.
- Experience and knowledge of interagency dynamics and developing recommendations for leadership;
- Strong analytical, organizational, written and oral communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize tasks and work efficiently.
- Solutions-oriented, customer-service motivated team player who is also able to work independently and on own initiative.
The Senior Investment Advisor reports to the ATI Chief of Party.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you