Veepee Group recruitment & employment portal 2022 is now open. Interested candidates should submit their CV via the email address below. This job vacancy in Nigeria is for all qualified candidates.
Veepee Group is the pioneer manufacturer of flexible packaging materials and corrugated paper products in Nigeria established its manufacturing facilities at Sango Ota, Ogun State, Nigeria in 1975 by the Late Chief V.P. Vaswani. He was a visionary and philanthropist who believed in Nigeria and its citizens. He received multiple awards for his understanding and development of Nigeria’s potential in the packaging industry. Veepee Group aims to provide reliable and sustainable solutions in Flexible Packaging & Paper products with high degree of customer satisfaction. Join Veepee Group careers team today, and be part of our success story.
Veepee Group Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cost Controller / Accountant
Location: Ota, Ogun
Employment Type: Full-time
Department: Finance & Accounts
Reports to: General Manager/HOD
Also Apply for: Guaranty Trust Holding Company Employment (4 Positions)
- The Cost Accountant is accountable for the analysis of ongoing processes, project costing, margin analysis and must also construct and monitor those cost-effective methods needed to provide an appropriate level of costing information to management.
- The individual will be responsible for: Planning, Studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activities such as raw material purchases, production, inventory and labor. To analyze/audit costs and preparing reports. Making estimates of new and proposed product.
- Develop and maintain the cost accounting system, documents, and records of the organization.
- Analyze and recommend costs and cost savings.
- Prepare and complete internal cost audits.
- Comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for financial statements.
- Construct data accumulation systems and analyze the data collected and log a detailed record of the results.
- Analyze any changes in goods or services provided in order to determine what effect it has on the cost.
- Analyze manufacturing costs and prepare regular reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Make estimates of new and proposed product costs.
- Provide management with reports that specify and compare factors that affect prices and profitability of products or services.
- Assist in audits and general ledger preparation.
- Prepare MIS reports showing actual budget with variances with respect to Production Department.
- Send monthly reports to respective production sub-departments, showing actual budget and variances.
Also Apply for: Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria Recruitment (5 Positions)
- Preparation of monthly production costing forecast/budget and tracking actuals and identifying reasons for the variances.
- Leads the development and implementation of a comprehensive annual business plan and financial budgets, which is aligned with the company’s and various brands’ strategic direction. Provide accurate forecasts that enable operations to react to changes in the business.
- Analyze information, forecasts sales against expenses and creates annual budget plans. Creates the annual operating budget for each business unit and at group consolidated level.
- Transfer Rate calculation as per CAS 4
- Inventory Reconciliation
- Export Costing and Pricing
- Monthly Inventory Valuation
- Costing FA Reconciliation
- Key Member of ERP IMPLEMENTATION for testing and signing off on agreed design
- Monitors actual sales against projected sales. Provides on-going analytical support by monitoring each business unit’s actual and projected sales.
- Analyses differences between actual budget wages and forecasted wages for more efficient budget planning.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A fully/semi qualified Chartered Accountant with at least 2 years experience in any manufacturing setup/5 years if CA inter./ Minimum 10 years of overall experience.
- Fully conversed with managing and using intricate ERP systems – at a minimum full and extensive knowledge of SAP/Tally ERP9 and MS Excel (to Macro/Pivot table level)
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral English) to ensure all communications across all levels of the organization are clear, concise, transparent, and easily understood.
- Must be able to command respect from the senior management team; has the maturity and the leadership skills necessary for the position.
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2022.
Also Apply for: FairMoney Nigeria Recruitment (3 Positions)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume / CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.