Start a new career with Stanford University while working from home at your convenient. This remote job opportunity in 2023 is open to all qualified candidates.
About The Company:
Stanford University is a place of discovery, creativity and innovation located in the San Francisco Bay Area on the ancestral land of the Muwekma Ohlone Tribe. Stanford has changed with the world over the last 125+ years, often leading the way with new ideas and discoveries. Here’s a look at Stanford people, places and experiences, past and present.
>> CLICK HERE TO SEE LATEST REMOTE JOBS TODAY Saturday 25, March 2023
Job Title: Contract & Grant Associate
Salary: $71,000 – $81,000 a year
Location: Work From Home
Also Apply for: Customer Sales Associate at Altra, Remote Job $34,000 – $46,750 a year
Full Job Description
ORA is looking for a dynamic, flexible and motivated individual to perform the duties of a cross-functional Contract and Grant Associate (CGA). The cross-functional CGA will have a flexible assignment based on areas of need. The CGA will review incoming proposals to be submitted to external sponsors, prepare select agreements for Contract & Grant Officer approval, and process select subaward agreements on behalf of Stanford University. The position will also serve as a back-up to two other core functions, including the subaward monitoring process and the Preaward Intake process. As part of a service-driven organization, ORA is looking for Contract & Grant Associates who approach learning and problem solving with enthusiasm, who are organized and focused to manage a significant workload, who adapt easily to changing situations and views new opportunities as creative challenges.
The Office of Research Administration (ORA) provides pre-award and post-award administrative services for sponsored projects for the University. In addition, ORA works in close collaboration with a number of partner groups in other central and school offices to help ensure the overall effective coordination of research administration services, systems, policies, and processes.
- Review extramural funding proposals for completion, accuracy, and compliance with sponsor guidelines, internal policy and external regulations; communicate and facilitate a coordinated approach to proposal submissions with all relevant parties.
- Prepare select agreements for management approval.
- Resolve problems arising in the course of the project; consult with department administrators, principal investigators and staff.
- Partner with Contract & Grant Officers to deliver excellent client services to Stanford faculty and research administration community.
- Provide back-up to manage subaward requisition intake process; review requisitions for accuracy and completion. Additionally, provide back-up to other subrecipient monitoring tasks such as information collection and audit support.
- Provide back-up to manage the Preaward intake process to ensure that awards and requests are received and assigned in a timely fashion; recognize different kinds of sponsored project agreements, document types and ensure proper assignment within the SeRA system.
A remote worker arrangement may be considered for candidates with the appropriate background and experience. Remote workers’ schedules are based in the Pacific Time zone.
Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and four years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Communicate knowledge and ideas both verbally and in writing with professionalism, clarity and effectiveness
- Make good decisions based on critical and analytical thinking, experience and judgment
- Deliver high quality service and work products that can be relied upon by clients and colleagues to meet business requirements
- Drive change and continuous improvement through individual contributions
- Function effectively and independently in a fast-paced environment subject to external pressure and frequent interruptions.
- Demonstrates curiosity and is comfortable with uncertainty and ambiguity
- Ability to navigate electronic systems in a paperless environment
- Knowledge of grant and contract programs and processes preferred
Certifications and Licenses:
- Frequently sitting, grasping lightly, use fine manipulation and a computer (keyboard, mouse, monitor).
- Occasionally use a telephone, rarely stand/walk, twist, bend, stoop, squat, write by hand, sort, and file paperwork or parts.
- Rarely lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- May have occasional extended or weekend work hours during peak business cycles.
Also Apply for: Customer Relationship Consultant at UKG, Remote Job $71,000 – $93,000 a year
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you.