Start a new career with Saga Education while working from home at your convenient. This remote job opportunity in 2022 is open to all qualified candidates.
Saga Education is a national nonprofit organization that supports historically underprivileged schools and their students in an effort to combat educational disparity. Saga Education has committed itself to working with public high schools to deliver intensive in-class math tutoring. At Saga Education, we leverage the best of technology and human instruction to maximize learning, improve student confidence, and help students feel connected to a caring adult in school. Now more than ever, we need talented, caring, and capable people, committed to supporting our students in their academic and social development.
Job Title: Content Creator
Salary: $58,000 /yr
Location: Work From Home
Full Job Description
The Saga Education Marketing team seeks a passionate storyteller and creator with social media expertise and a knack for communicating with compassion and creativity. You’ll have a deep understanding of how to engage an audience, the ability to design simple graphics and shoot/edit videos for TikTok and Reels, and a portfolio demonstrating both. You will balance creative brainstorming, collaboration with internal partners, content production, and social media posting to support the overall Saga Education marketing and communications strategy.
CONTENT PRODUCTION & POSTING (60%)
- You will work with the marketing team to pitch, plan, produce and share engaging, original content for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, and other emerging social platforms, communicating what sets Saga Education apart in the education space
- You will design simple graphics for social media channels or work with the internal design team for more complex projects
- You will produce videos for TikTok/Reels: Ideating, writing script, shooting/editing/posting final creative
- You will pitch and coordinate live video streaming events for social media channels
- You will monitor and create a centralized content repository
- You will partner closely with the marketing team to ensure alignment with the latest branding guidelines and secure approvals when needed
- You will coordinate with internal stakeholders to gather assets, develop social posts, and deliver on shared objectives, including integrated campaigns
INDUSTRY KNOWLEDGE & CONTENT STRATEGY (15%)
- You will stay up to date on social media and digital content trends, looking for opportunities to engage on trending topics, and sharing best practices with relevant internal partners to inform future work
- You will track the performance of social content using native platform analytics, various social listening tools, and regular reports to inform strategy
COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT (5%)
- You will monitor and manage brand reputation through social listening services, manage responses and proper escalation of comments and inquiries to appropriate personnel/departments
- Customer Focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Communicates Effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Nimble Learning – Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new prlblems, using both success and failures as learning fodder
Experience & Qualifications
- You have 4+ years relevant experience
- You have a willingness and ability to travel up to 25% and to occasionally work weekends or evenings during events that require real-time social media coverage
- You have demonstrated proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite Photoshop and/or Illustrator, along with an understanding of social media image formats and optimization techniques
- You have demonstrated short-form writing skills, capable of writing “in voice” and within brand guidelines, with knowledge of content/character limitations and best practices for primary public social networks
- You are comfortable with on-camera work and editing within social video platforms
- You have proven and demonstrated experience managing multiple simultaneous projects, priorities, and deadlines
- You have professional proficiency in GoogleDocs suite
- You have demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with individuals and teams at all levels, both internally and externally
- You have experience creating basic video content and proficiency with Adobe Premiere and/or After Effects, preferred
Saga Education offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, a comprehensive benefits package, generous PTO, as well as opt-in programs such as 401k retirement plan, flexible spending account (FSA), and discounts through ADP’s LifeMart. Saga Education will provide company-owned technology when applicable.
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you.