United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in the world’s dangerous places to reach out to the most disadvantaged children and adolescents. Our aim is to save their lives, defend their rights, and help them fulfill purpose. See more UNICEF Job vacancies Here >>
>>See TOP COMPANIES RECRUITING IN NIGERIA TODAY, Wednesday 07, June 2023
UNICEF Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Title: Consultancy for Situation Analysis on Alternative Pathways and Distance Learning in Nigeria
Job Number: 561993
Contract Type: Consultant
Also Apply For Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc Job Recruitment (6 Positions)
Scope of Work
- Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Education and the guidance from Education Specialist (Access and Equity), the consultant will be responsible for the following tasks over the course of the contract:
- Organize a kick-off meeting with UNICEF and the counterpart governments (i.e., the Federal Ministry of Education (FME) and Universal Basic Education Commission (UBEC) and the steering Committee to agree on the project scope and plan.
- Conduct initial regional mapping of successful global practices on alternative learning pathways and distance learning opportunities, which include policies, frameworks, models (types and modalities), curriculum and guidance, in the sub-Saharan African region (primary focus on anglophone countries). The mapping should cover alternative learning pathways for the following groups:
- Primary school-aged children, both inside and outside of schools.
- Junior secondary school-aged children, both inside and outside of schools.
- Senior secondary school-aged adolescents, both inside and outside of schools.
- Gender, disability, and emergency/conflict considerations should also apply across all identified groups.
- In collaboration with and consultation with key stakeholders including the FME and UBEC, conduct mapping of alternative learning pathways and distance learning opportunities in Nigeria, for both in-school and out-of-school children from primary to senior secondary level. The mapping should include types and forms, operational modalities, providers, target groups,pedagogical content,learning content, teaching and learning methodologies, design and mechanisms to facilitate transition to formal education, and evidence/evaluation of impact on learning and transition to formal education.
- Using available data and the information collected though the mapping exercises, analyze the existing gaps in practices and knowledge of alternative learning pathways and distance learning opportunities in Nigeria, identify challenges and bottlenecks in provision and delivery of alternative learning pathways and distance learning for different categories of learners, and develop a set of policy recommendations to expand quality, inclusive alternative learning pathways and distance learning in Nigeria. The consultant will develop a report and PPT presentation on the analysis, findings and recommendations.
- Support UNICEF to organize a meeting with the governments and development partners to present the study findings and recommendations and facilitate discusions and policy dialogue on strategies to strengthen alternative learning pathways and distance learning in Nigeria.
- Please refer to the attached detailed job description for more information…Download File TOR Situation Analysis of Alternative Learning.docx
Also Apply For Ringo Telecommunications Job Recruitment (8 Positions)
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in designing, implementing and/or evaluating education programs related to alternative learning pathways (e.g., non-formal education, remote learning).
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in conducting studies and surveys on education and developing policy recommendations and strategy papers.
- Strong understanding of the current issues and phenomenon on out-of-school children in the sub-Saharan Africa is required.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
Other Skills and Attributes:
- Strong knowledge of the Nigerian education context around OOSC and alternative learning pathways is an asset.
- Ability to present ideas and communicate evidence and advice concisely to diverse audiences (including government) is an asset.
- Experience working with UN agencies, particularly with a good understanding of UNICEF’s programmes, is an asset.
- Fluency in French is an asset.
Application Closing Date
25th May, 2023, W. Central Africa Standard Time.
Also Apply For Montaigne Place Job Recruitment (6 Positions)
How To Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage).
- Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.
- The selected candidate is solely responsible to ensure that the visa (applicable) and health insurance required to perform the duties of the contract are valid for the entire period of the contract. Selected candidates are subject to confirmation of fully-vaccinated status against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid-19) with a World Health Organization (WHO)-endorsed vaccine, which must be met prior to taking up the assignment.
- It does not apply to consultants who will work remotely and are not expected to work on or visit UNICEF premises, program delivery locations or directly interact with communities UNICEF works with, nor to travel to perform functions for UNICEF for the duration of their consultancy contracts.