Apply for the ongoing Consulate General of Canada in Chicago Job Recruitment 2022 via our latest job vacancies & employment portal. This Consulate General of Canada in Chicago job opening is available to all qualified candidates.
About The Company:
The Canadian consulate general is one of 1818 foreign representations in the United States and one of 87 foreign representations in Chicago. See more at the United States EmbassyPages. The Canadian consulate general in Chicago is one of 252 Canadian diplomatic and consular representations abroad. See more at the Canada EmbassyPages.
>>Click here to SEE PART-TIME & FULL-TIME JOBS
Consulate General of Canada in Chicago Job Recruitment For Commercial Officer (Government of Ontario in Chicago) – U.S.A
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Selection Process Nº: 66138-67
Salary: USD 75,178 per annum and benefits
Contract Type: Term (Full-time) (12 months)
Term Details: This position is a Locally Engaged Staff position, subject to the Terms and Conditions of Employment for LES in Chicago, USA.
Job Function: Officer
Classification: LE – O1
Location: the Consulate General of Canada in Chicago
Number of Vacancies: 1
Closing date for application: 6 May, 2022 at 23:59 UTC/GMT -6:00
Summary of Duties:
The Ontario Government has a network of international offices– Trade and Investment Offices (TIOs), in cities around the world. They are co-located in Canadian diplomatic missions, composed of a Canadian Diplomat – (Head of the TIO) and a locally engaged team. Measured by quantitative results, TIOs are mandated to build commercial relations between Ontario and the host country through export promotion, foreign direct investment and partnership development.
The Commercial Officer (Ontario) is a local employee of the Government of Canada but works with and reports to the Head of the TIO. Under the general direction of the Head of Program, the Commercial Officer (Ontario) contributes to the commercial success of Ontario companies in the territory covered by the TIO. This includes support to exporters, but also innovation, Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) into Ontario as well as advocacy.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing advice and/or responding to requests for information from clients on foreign direct investment, trade, business environment, opportunities and challenges as required.
- Serving, in collaboration with the Head of Program, as a point of contact with Ontario-based clients to pro-actively advise them on opportunities and reputable local networks to help them implement their commercial strategies.
Area of Selection:
Open to internal and external applicants, who are residents of the United States having independent work authorization and status in accordance with U.S. protocol directives for employment in a foreign mission (US Citizen, Legal Permanent Resident, or A, G or NATO-2 category visa-holders) who meet all of the essential requirements stated below and whose applications are received by the closing date.
Please note that the Consulate General of Canada in Chicago does not sponsor work authorizations directly or indirectly.
The Government of Canada is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from diverse sections of the community. Candidates will be considered based on merit. Our organization offers an inclusive workplace where respect, teamwork, and collaboration are part of our culture. Canada’s missions abroad are committed to promoting and supporting an environment free from harassment and discrimination, as well as encouraging and supporting employees to learn and develop their skills and competencies.
Candidates will initially be screened against the Essential Qualifications relating to education, language* and experience.
Candidates must clearly demonstrate when applying to the position how they meet each of these essential qualifications.
*Language will be assessed further during the process.
Candidates will be required to provide proof of the completion of their education.
- Degree from accredited college or university
- or an acceptable combination of education, training and work experience related to the duties and specific areas of competence required by the position, including but not limited to business or economics.
- Fluency in English (oral and written).
- At least 2 years of recent experience* working in business development or program management, ideally in a trade & investment promotion environment;
- Recent experience* in managing client and key stakeholder relationships, and in obtaining, preparing for, and conducting meetings with private sector clients (i.e., business to business meetings, sales meetings, cold calls).
*Recent experience is defined as work experience in the last 2 years.
The Rated Requirements are part of the essential qualifications and are relating to knowledge, abilities and competencies. Methods of assessment for rated requirements may include, but are not limited to, a written examination, an oral interview online, pre-recorded or in-person, role-play, practical tests, presentations and/or psychometric assessment.
Also see: CARE USA Job Recruitment – U.S.A
- Knowledge of international economic development (e.g., export / trade promotion, Foreign Direct Investment).
- Team work
- Client focus and results oriented
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Sound judgement
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Ability to work independently in a proactive and accountable manner;
- Ability to develop and maintain a network of clients, local contacts and influencers;
- Ability to identify local market needs and relevant business opportunities;
- Ability to conduct research and analysis and provide strategic advice;
- Ability to work as a part of a team and manage multiple projects / priorities with tight deadlines.
Preference may be given to candidates who meet the Asset Qualifications. Where applicable, candidates must clearly demonstrate how they meet any asset qualifications.
Preference may be given to candidates who meet the Asset Qualifications. Where applicable, candidates must clearly demonstrate how they meet any asset qualifications in their cover letter and CV.
- The ability to work in French
- Knowledge of current US and Canadian/Ontario political events and issues.
- Evidence of deep networks in one or more of the following states: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, Ohio and Wisconsin.
- Hours of work: Normal hours of work for this position are in accordance with Locally-Engaged Staff regulations of 37.5 hours per week. The successful candidate must be willing to work overtime on occasion and when required.
- Location of work: Work is normally performed on-site with some limited flexibility for teleworking.
- Travel Requirements: This position requires travel throughout the United States and to Canada.
Conditions of Employment:
Conditions of employment must be met or complied with before being appointed to a particular position, and are to be maintained throughout the employment while being the incumbent of this position.
– Valid work authorization: Ability to obtain and hold a valid work authorization covering the entire employment period.
– Security screening: Obtain and maintain a Reliability Status (security level) which includes a criminal and credit background check from the Government of Canada covering the entire employment period.
– Vaccination compliance: All new hires on or after the effective date of October 6, 2021 are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and to attest that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their starting date unless accommodation measures are granted.
Also see: U.S. Office of the Secretary of the Interior Job Recruitment – USA
Special Request from Mission / Additional Comments:
Candidates will receive a competitive salary, generous leave, 12 weeks of paid parental leave and a strong benefits package that includes medical, dental, long term disability and a retirement savings plan.
Please find a summary of our benefits package and information on employment eligibility at: Jobs at our offices in the United States
Our organization offers an inclusive workplace where respect, teamwork, and collaboration are part of our culture. Canada’s strength is diversity and it has played a key role in Canada’s history and development. Because of this, the Consulate General of Canada in Chicago values diversity, equity and inclusion in our workforce.
- You must submit your application using the “Apply online” function. Only applications submitted via VidCruiter will be considered, unless a valid reason is presented and accepted prior to the closing date.
- Do not include personal data such as; age, date of birth, gender, marital status, family status, religion or a picture in your application form, CV nor cover letter (as required). Please only include information relevant to the vacancy as requested in the job poster.
- You must clearly demonstrate in answering the screening questions how you meet the education and experience factors listed in the essential and asset qualifications. You must provide specific examples to demonstrate clearly how you meet the qualifications. Global Affairs Canada cannot make any assumptions about your studies nor experience. Simply saying you have the required qualifications or listing your current duties will not be sufficient. Instead, you must provide concrete and detailed examples that clearly explain where, when, and how you gained the experience. No additional information will be sought beyond what you submit in your online application.
- Candidates may be required to upload a CV and/or a cover letter in English or French. These documents may be used as a secondary source to validate the answers to the screening questions.
- Applications which do not include all of the requested documents or information and/or whose are not received by the closing date will be rejected.
- Candidates who are unable to submit their application due to technical difficulties must report these to LES-E-Recruitment-WSHDC@international.gc.ca prior to the closing date. Failure to do so will result in the application being rejected.
Also see: U.S. Department of State Job Recruitment – Washington, D.C. USA
- Only applications submitted in one of the official languages of Canada will be accepted (English or French).
- The language requirement for this position is identified under the essential qualifications (language). In consequence, the assessment process for this vacancy will be conducted in English.
- Communication for this process will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the candidates to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required.
- Candidates must provide an email address that accepts email from unknown users and regularly check their email, including spam folder.
- Reference checks may be sought for candidates who succeeded all of the assessments.
- Please note that the Consulate General of Canada in Chicago does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interviews/exams nor does it reimburse any relocation costs.
- Before an offer of employment can be made, successful candidates must provide a local residence address as proof of residence in the specified area of selection. This information is necessary to issue a letter of offer.
- We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please contact us at LES-E-Recruitment-WSHDC@international.gc.ca to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
- The results of this selection process may also be used to establish one or more pools of fully or partially qualified candidates for similar openings at the Consulate General of Canada in Chicago which might arise following the completion of this selection process.
- For Canadian citizens/residents and Canadian dual nationals, please note that it is your responsibility to enquire with the Canadian Revenue Agency about any possible taxation implications linked to an employment with the Government of Canada.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you
Am a technical