Apply for the ongoing African Development Bank Group recruitment 2021 via African Development Bank Group careers & Job Vacancies portal. This African Development Bank Group job vacancy is open to all qualified candidates.
The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) is a multilateral development finance institution which was established in 1964 and consist of three bodies such as: The African Development Bank, the African Development Fund and the Nigeria Trust Fund. AfDB headquartered has been in Abidjan, Ivory Coast, since September 2014. African Development Bank is the leading pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent and also providing finance to African governments and private companies investing in the regional member countries (RMC). African Development Bank’s agenda is to deliver financial and technical support for transformative projects that will meaningfully reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. See other African Development Bank Group job vacancies.
African Development Bank Group Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Complex / Regional Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP)
Position Number: 50105406
Location: Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
Position Grade: PL3
The Complex for African Development Bank Group Recruitment
- The Vice-President, Corporate Services and Human Resources, ensures the delivery of efficient, people-centered, client-oriented, corporate services to ensure overall institutional effectiveness in all aspects of the Bank’s corporate services.
- The Complex leads efforts to digitalize and transform the Bank into a knowledge-driven workforce, promote human resources policies that enhance talent, drive a performance -driven culture, and ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as the employer of choice.
- The Complex ensures that all Human Resources and Corporate Services are re-aligned to drive greater corporate performance and execution of the Bank’s strategic vision and priorities.
- The Complex is responsible for providing leadership in the formulation and implementation of Bank’s strategies on People, IT, General Services and Institutional Procurements, Language Services, Business Continuity and Health and Safety strategies.
The Hiring Department / Division for African Development Bank Group Recruitment
- The role of the Human Resources Management department is to develop and execute a People Strategy, Policies, processes and practices which will enable the Bank to achieve its strategic Agenda. Core to the Human Resources Strategy will be the attraction, development, engagement, motivation and retention of a best-in-class workforce.
- In order to create a truly transformed human resources work-way, the Human Resources Management department is structured around a triangular Model: Business Partnerships for strategy, client contracting and human resources delivery; Centers of Expertise / Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) for internal consulting, thought leadership, design, talent and staff development and training and best practice benchmarking; Human Resources Shared Services for transactional excellence and employees outreach.
- This Human Resources Model helps to deliver a world-class employee life-cycle experience.
The Position for African Development Bank Group Recruitment
- The Regional / Complex Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) acts as trusted advisor and strategic business partner to enable the Director General / Complex Vice President deliver effectively against their business strategies. As a Business Partner, works directly with Regional/Complex Leadership teams to translate the Bank’s People Strategy into tactical and operational human resources programs as guided by Corporate Human Resources.
- In a matrix organization, the Human Resources Business Partner is responsible for the delivery and execution of all Human Resources functions in the region/complex.
- S/he works closely with the corporate Human Resources Expertise teams to create workforce effectiveness strategies, ensures Human Resources alignment of Human Resources solutions and services to help clients achieve their business goals and objectives.
- The incumbent drives business results by using and enabling the right employee capability, organizational productivity and engagement with the intention to make use of best-practices and synergies.
- The position holder leads and facilitates the development of culture and key capabilities for the organization and is responsible for securing and maintaining a productive, diverse and engaged workforce, comprised of the best in class talent.
Key Functions for African Development Bank Group Recruitment
The Regional / Complex HRBP shall exhibit these two (2) competencies: Business Acumen and Internal Consulting. Under the functional supervision of the Division Manager, Human Resources Client Services & Employee Engagement and direct supervision of Director General / Complex Vice President, the incumbent’s main responsibilities include the following:
- Develop and execute the Human Resources work-plans for the region/complex in alignment with the region/complex’s business strategy.
- Identify and analyze client complex/region strategic challenges, objectives and potential roadblocks related specifically to human capital within the region/complex. Translate the found key business challenges into Human Resources demands.
- Be a trusted advisor as well as an escalation and decision body for the human resources and business related issues within respective area of responsibility.
- Drive, oversee and ensure the effective implementation of Human Resources strategies, processes, policies, systems that contribute to the overall success of the business.
- Ensure alignment and implementation of best practice core Human Resources processes across the region/complex within areas such as e.g. recruitment, training and development.
- Ensure program success (Budgets, schedule, quality, and business value).
- Ensure program goals and deliverables are clearly communicated to the business and the project teams.
- Provide coaching and feedback on how to improve individual and organizational performance to meet strategic objectives.
- Analyze talent and business metrics related to client organizational unit and hypothesize possible causes and potential solutions to achieve business objectives.
- Provide counsel to management on resource and headcount planning.
- Carry out other related duties as assigned by supervisors.
Competencies for African Development Bank Group Recruitment
- Hold at least a Master’s Degree in Business Administration or in Human Resources/Organization Design or related field. Professional qualification in Human Resources Management will be an added value.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of functional experience in three (3) or more different areas of human resources (e.g., Recruitment and Staffing, Talent Management, Compensation & Benefits, Employee Relations, Human Resources Compliance, Organizational Design, Learning and Development, Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS.) and Payroll). Business experience outside of Human Resources is an added advantage.
- Provides sound advice to leaders based on an understanding of the business, business strategy, and customers, i.e. demonstrates the ability to conduct an in-depth dialogue about key business strategies and drivers (e.g., financial, products, competition). Applies an understanding of business strategy to tailor Human Resources products and services to add value to the business. Demonstrates proven history of using knowledge of business to impact a large functional area or group (i.e. knows and develops our business). Accurately identifies the Human Resources implications of business strategies.
- Helps customers solve business problems through diagnostic thinking, effective questions and creative thinking. Manages expectations and builds strong collaborative win-win relationships with partners to deliver on key goals, i.e. builds consensus among key line leaders for change and performance-improvement initiatives. Coaches team members to utilize effective consultative tools and methods. Assures that client expectations are met by team members, by measuring results.
- Develops plans and manages appropriate resources to ensure the completion and implementation of projects or programs on time and within budget, i.e. conceptualizes and articulates meaningful outcomes and deliverables. Manages region/complex or competing priorities. Updates project goals and plans to meet evolving needs (i.e. appropriate re-scoped projects). Knows when to communicate project issues and progress. Ensures that project deliverables are transitioned into day-to-day practices.
- Ability to interpret employment law implications into workplace situations and provide appropriate coaching to associates and leaders.
- Measurement & Evaluation – Knowledge of measurement and evaluations methodology and ability to design measurement and evaluation systems that monitor the impact tools, processes, or learning interventions have on people performance.
- Customer oriented, challenge complexity, be agile in changing environment and be sensible to intercultural communication.
- Communicate and write effectively in French or English, with a good working knowledge of the other language.
- Competence in the use of Human Resources specific technology and systems and platforms; knowledge of SAP is an added advantage.
Application Closing Date for African Development Bank Group Recruitment
22nd December, 2021.
How to Apply for African Development Bank Group Recruitment
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: This position is classified as international recruitment and attracts international terms and conditions of employment.