U.S. Embassy Nigeria recruitment & employment portal 2022 is now open for interested candidates. This job vacancy is open to all qualified candidates.
U.S. Mission to Nigeria consist of the Embassy in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. U.S. Consulate General Lagos is the Mission’s representative to the Nigerian people in the southern region. Join U.S. Embassy Nigeria careers team today, and be part of our success story.
U.S. Embassy Nigeria Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Liaison Office Assistant (CLO Assistant) – U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs)
Announcement Number: Abuja-2022-113
Hiring Agency: Embassy Abuja
Series/Grade: FP – 0105 7
Promotion Potential: FP-7
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 hours per week
Also Apply for: Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc Recruitment (8 Positions)
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FS is 07. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
- U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) – All Agencies
- Security Clearance Required: Top Secret Clearance
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Definite not to Exceed (5 years)
- The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required: Not Required
Also Apply for: Airtel Nigeria Recruitment (8 Positions)
- The CLO Assistant is a mandatory ICASS package and as such serves all participating USG agencies at post.
- The CLO is a rated ICASS service provider whose base constituency includes all direct-hire employees, family members and members of household.
- The Abuja Community Liaison Office serves a client base of approximately 300 people. The incumbent assists the Community Liaison Office in developing and maintaining key contacts and managing information that benefits the morale and welfare of the entire mission including TDYers, Long-Term Contractors and LES.
- Supports eight (8) areas of CLO responsibilities (Event Planning, Community Liaison, Welcome & Orientation, Guidance and Referral, Information & Resource Management, and Education Liaison) as well as the management of post programs to maintain high morale of community members.
- The CLO Assistant identifies needs within the post community and responds with effective programming, information, resources, and referrals.
- The incumbent works under the loose supervision of the CLO and is expected to interact independently with CLO clientele to develop CLO materials/programs, and to generate ideas for CLO events.
- This position will require a Top Secret (TS) clearance to be able to fully cover the duties and responsibilities of the CLO Coordinator (who has a TS clearance) when they are out of the country/unavailable.
- The duties and responsibilities include attending Country Team meetings, to be a voice for the entire diverse community; attending the Emergency Action Committee meetings for crisis management and have a clear understanding of who makes up the community at post.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Education Requirements: Completion of Secondary School or received high school diploma
- Experience: Minimum of two (2) years of clerical or administrative experience in a management/administrative support or executive assistant role with familiarization of newsletter and other publication processing is required.
Also Apply for: Rainoil Limited Recruitment (2 Positions)
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication (written and oral) skills. Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multi-tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to deal with a variety of Embassy personnel and delegations.
- Strong research skills in order to respond to inquiries from the Embassy community.
- Must be proficient in the use of MS Outlook, MS Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Canva and Share Point.
- Accuracy is required for the drafting and editing the monthly newsletter, weekly round-up, memos, invitations to diplomatic missions, vendors and internal mission staff.
- Accuracy is also required for reconciliation of expenses for events.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
- This may be tested. Please specify the level of proficiency in the language listed.
- Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
Also Apply for: Guinness Nigeria Plc Employment (2 Positions)
- For the current COVID-19 Requirements please visit the following link.
Hiring Preference Selection Process:
- Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), Letter from Veterans’ Affairs which indicates the present existence of a service-connected disability dated within the past six months, equivalent documentation, or certification.
- A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant.
- The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- ** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
Also Apply for: Nigerian Exchange Group Recruitment (3 Positions)
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
USD 38,894 / Annum
Application Closing Date
5th October, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Top Secret clearance.
- To apply for this position click the “APPLY TO THIS VACANCY” button at the top of the page. Click on the “Submit Application” button to complete your application process. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- High School Diploma
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
Also Apply for: ActionAid Nigeria Recruitment (4 Positions)
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
- Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria.