Start a new career with Hope 4 Youth while working from home at your convenient. This remote job opportunity in 2022 is open to all qualified candidates.
HOPE 4 Youth is a nonprofit organization in Anoka County that helps young people, ages 16 to 24, who are experiencing homelessness. Our name is an acronym for our core services: Housing, Outreach, Prevention, and Education/Employment. Our mission is to provide pathways to end youth homelessness. Our vision is that all youth will feel safe, valued, and supported while reaching their full potential. This begins with meeting their basic needs and leads to giving them the tools to thrive. We serve youth through a Drop-In Center, HOPE Homes, and HOPE Place. Our approach utilizes trauma-informed care, is strengths-based, is client-centered, and focuses on harm reduction.
Job Title: Community and Engagement Coordinator
Salary: $24 – $26 an hour
Location: Work From Home
Full Job Description
The Community Engagement Coordinator reports to the Director of Advancement and will assist in advancing the mission and goals of HOPE 4 Youth and of the Advancement Team. The Community Engagement Coordinator coordinates the Volunteer Program, the Donations process and Outreach at community and tabling events. The person in this role should be a self-starter who can work independently but is also comfortable asking questions. They should be comfortable talking to people on the phone, via emails and texts, and in front of groups. They should be able to manage conflict and varying personalities.
- Coordinates the volunteer application process, including planning, recruiting, screening, interviewing, onboarding, training, and scheduling of volunteers
- Maintains open lines of communication with volunteers and regularly meets and/ or sends out communications to volunteers
- Maintains updated volunteer job descriptions, based on the needs of the Drop-In Center and HOPE Place; assists program supervisors with identifying volunteer opportunities in their programs al marketing of the volunteer program
- Establishes ongoing relationships with high schools and colleges, community volunteer organizations/associations such as RSVP, United Way, and Volunteer Connection, church individuals/groups, community groups and associations, and businesses/organizations
- Plans special volunteer appreciation events and recognition within the agency
- Coordinates the Donations program and collection process at the Drop-In Center working directly with Saturday volunteers and the Program Supervisor
- Coordinates community donations drives including communicating needed items, coordinating collection and drop off dates, and sending out thank you notes
- Cultivates and promote positive relationships with community partners
- Attends community tabling and other events representing HOPE 4 Youth
- Outreach to organizations, community partners and community groups to conduct presentations both in person and utilizing online platforms
- Works in collaboration with the Director of Advancement and the Marketing and Events Coordinator to message materials of both written and data elements as needed for presentations
- Creates an annual calendar for community engagement
- Promotes volunteer opportunities, group service opportunities and donations needs to the community
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in nonprofits, social services, volunteer coordination or fundraising – working with youth or homeless youth is preferred
Also Apply for: Proposal Specialist at CDW, Remote Job $68,000 – $91,000 a year
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and Saturdays
- Must be able to work effectively in a diverse, mission-driven agency committed to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion with respect to race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual-orientation, socio-economic status, nationality, and religion
- Volunteers are an integral part of our work and culture at HOPE 4 Youth. All staff must embrace volunteers as an integral part of the organization, and be willing to manage, supervise, work alongside, and foster good relationships with volunteers
- Excellent judgement and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution
- Familiarity or willingness to learn the CRM Giveffect, Canva and other online platforms or tools
- Demonstrated competencies in all Microsoft products, specifically Outlook, Powerpoint and Word
- Effective, articulate and persuasive public speaking skills and communication skills
Licenses and/or Certifications:
- Valid driver’s license, access to reliable transportation, and the ability to meet HOPE’s driving record requirements. Please note that if the license was not issued in the state of Minnesota, you have 60 days after becoming a Minnesota resident in which to apply for your Minnesota driver’s license or permit (not applicable for new hires living out of state and working remotely).
- $24.00 – $26.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule including some evenings Wednesday-Saturday
- PTO accrues for all hours worked and begins after 30 days of employment
- In addition, 9 paid holidays for the year
- Affordable health, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid term life and disability coverage
- Retirement plan
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you.