British American Tobacco Nigeria recruitment & employment portal 2022 is now open for interested candidates with a minimum of OND. This British American Tobacco Nigeria job vacancy is open to all qualified candidates.
British American Tobacco is a tobacco manufacturing company that has been in operation for more than 100years. The company started by trading tobacco and today, the business has grown into a multi-billion dollar company with over 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too. Join British American Tobacco Nigeria careers team today, and be part of our success story
British American Tobacco Nigeria Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Security Officer
Location: Ibadan, Lagos
Seniority Level: Non-management
Function: Legal & External Affairs
Reports To: Operations Security Manager
Role Positioning and Objectives
- The purpose of the role is to execute, coordinate and implement action plans on a range of security issues with respect to factory security, finished goods while in the factory, and all internal warehouses in the factory.
- The general factory operations, including all aspects of personnel security, access control, running the security Command and Control Centre, journey management, and company information security are the primary areas of responsibility for this role.
Also Apply for: Rainoil Limited Recruitment (3 Positions)
What You Will Be Accountable For
- Identify all risks to factory operations by conducting periodic (daily & quarterly) assessments.
- Propose effective measures to mitigate such risks
- Review and update SOP’s for the Ibadan factory. Task, develop and train security personnel to implement SOP’s.
- Ensure compliance with company access control procedures and maintain an appropriate record of access control activities/resources.
- Conduct a Site Security and Vulnerability Assessment (SSAVA) of the factory and its environs to ensure set standards are met. Propose mitigating actions where risks are identified.
- Coordinate all factory personnel to ensure that all company assets and equipment issued out for use are carefully handled and recommend for repairs and or replacement as soon as they occur.
- Keep an accurate database of all contractors working with the factory.
- Coordinate security personnel to ensure that all security procedures for the protection of:
- Company personnel/families/visitors.
- Tobacco, and finished goods, in respect of its storage and despatch.
- Company assets, information, property, and business operations.
- Ensure the compilation and submission of a weekly security report for operations, in standard format, is submitted weekly to the Operations Security Manager.
- Carry out all forms of periodic checks on all alarm systems and electronic equipment.
- Monitor the journey management system for the operations team and ensure seamless ground transport always in line with agreed schedules.
- Ensure the embedding of the Security Risk Management Model across BAT operations in Nigeria
- Send timely situation and incident reports when required
- Carry out bi-annual training sessions on different security subjects for the guard force and other security personnel.
- Work with the Operations Security Manager to facilitate business continuity management in the factory.
- Design and ensure the conduct of emergency simulations to ensure the readiness of the security team to handle emergencies.
- Liaise with various regulatory authorities/ government agencies (such as police, DSS etc) to maintain a safe and secure environment at the factory.
Also Apply for: U.S. Mission Recruitment (8 Positions)
Essential Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Between 3-5 years of experience in a similar role, preferably in an FMCG company.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Safety Management, Information Technology Systems, or Education in Security Administration or similar field will be an asset
- Good knowledge of potential threats to factory operations.
- Proven proficiency in developing physical and digital security protocols and procedures.
- Experience or background in law enforcement would constitute an advantage.
- Knowledge of principles of personnel protection and demonstrable experience planning & executing executive protection tasks.
- Ability to communicate with senior management, on threat assessment, security requirements and provide timely and actionable recommendations.
- Be sensitive to processes, and have clear, logical thinking for related duties.
- Team player with strong communication skills and can handle high pressure in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office applications.
Competitive salary package + excellent benefits + market leading bonus.
Application Closing Date
Also Apply for: Dunn and Braxton Limited Recruitment (8 Positions)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online