British American Tobacco Nigeria recruitment & employment portal 2022 is now open for interested candidates. This job vacancy is open to all qualified candidates.
British American Tobacco is a tobacco manufacturing company that has been in operation for more than 100years. The company started by trading tobacco and today, the business has grown into a multi-billion dollar company with over 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too. Join British American Tobacco Nigeria careers team today, and be part of our success story
British American Tobacco Nigeria Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cell Manager – Production
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Reports To: SMD Manager
Seniority Level: Management
Also Apply for: United Bank for Africa Plc Employment (13 Positions)
Role Positioning and Objectives
- To effectively manage the resources of Secondary Department to manufacture cigarettes, according to production plan from Supply Chain, satisfying all performance targets measure through KPI attainment and adopt and implement Continuous Improvement activities to drive manufacturing efficiencies.
What You Will Be Accountable For
- Ensure 100% compliance of your cell and all Employees with Environment Health and Safety (EHS) as well as related programs.
- Ensure 100% compliance of your cell to BAT QA standards, specification & policy. Drives daily review of quality losses with action plans as reflected in Cell DDS.
- Lead and drive identification of defects and plan for daily defect fixing/elimination across cell.
- Lead the Cell DDS meeting and ensure all immediate and systemic actions are identified and closed out.
- Coach team leaders on rigorous daily follow-up system execution to eliminate defects and drive losses to “0” (using IWS tools).
- Lead and drives all AM RTT DMSes execution and healthcheck to >85% and define gap analysis for scores below target
- Lead RTT boards set-up and update up to current IWS phase standard. Review key gaps and define corrective action plans
- Ensures 100% POs are complete on time within the cell and reviewed as at when due with all the team members.
- Define and track cell 90-days action plans which are aligned with module/factory CBN, defined measures and scorecard, perform regular gap analysis and present it to manufacturing leadership monthly.
- Responsible for daily/monthly actual maintenance tracking, review and analysis of gaps with specific action plans.
- Identifying the most chronic and high loss area problems within the cell and taking personal responsibility to resolve them using the appropriate IWS tools (as a coaching technique with the team)
- Establish clear skills matrix and skill profiles for all team members in the cell in line with CBN and share with PAM for execution.
- Lead the performance evalution of all team members in the cell, creating their POs/improvement action plans.
- You must ensure your people are treated according to the BAT values & principles, HR policies and Local Labor Code regulations.
- Fully involved in execution NPIs, CPTs and trials in the cell for all related initiatives and prepare operation close-out report.
- Do regular 1:1 with team members and drive completion for other team members in the module.
- Drive line standards and 5S compliance across the cell and ensure that all cell team are aligned on 5S standard.
- Continuous learning about the specifics of your cell, sharing the knowledge with team members, leading and reapplying the best solutions from other cells.
Essential Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- You will require an expert knowledge of cigarette making or packing machinery with at least 8 years of “hands on” experience of running these machines in a production environment
- Coupled with the above, a strong working knowledge of technical training, fault finding, maintenance techniques will be essential to the success of the role
- Thirdly, a high degree of inter personal skill will be required to establish credentials and to pass on knowledge and experience to newer team members
Competitive salary package + excellent benefits + market leading bonus.
Application Closing Date
Also Apply for: Spectrum Books Limited Employment (3 Positions)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online